Jump to content

Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin
  • entries
    59
  • comments
    416
  • views
    5,941

Hook 5 Object School


Sexvision

690 views

 Share

Im working on a idear to make Hook 5 a bit easier for the massive amount of new plegde Hook 5 users.

I will only focus on the static object part on this Blog.

The plan is to give you the code you can use in your leveldefenition file to load static object in your empty room.

This will be done by using the ![OBJ]startercontentRC im working on at the moment.

and the room/position creator tool.

 

This is what i would like to address:

1. Navigation within Hook GUI

2. Explaining the Static object menu

3. Setting a static object.

4. Explaine name parant

5. How to use lighting

[Some Spotlight]
enable = true
type = spotlight spotlight/omni
position = 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 yeah position
rotation = -90.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 set -90 on x to face the light down. set 90 on y to make it rotate sideways with x
color = 255, 255, 255 color of the light to set atmosphere
intensity = 5.000000 light brightness
diffuse_only = true This one is very fps dependent. true will effect the skin ambiant occlusion only i believe. false will light the objects and normal specular maps but will save you some fps [not sure]
fov = 1.300000 This will make the lightbundle bigger or smaller
near = 0.010000 This brings the light bundle closer to the light origin point 
source_radius = 0.000000 see below
source_curve = 2.000000 both of these will affect your range fade curve and radius. thats for the light falloff [i think]
range_fade = 1 the point where the lights fades and lose strength
fov_fade = 1 field of view where you can see the fade and where not.
cast_shadow = true as it named will or will not cast a shadow. for example a streetlight with the prefix false will show the light at full strength an create a lightcircle and save fps
shadow_bias = 0.000200 to control the shadow range after clamping.
clamp_range = 2.200000 This one is important for saving fps. 0 is full lights. if you look at the boundboxes with F2 you will see you will lose a lot of light thats not used. clamp 1 for very close, 2 for middle, 3 for max is good guideline
bound_color = 255, 229, 51, 153 color of the lights boundbox. set different colors for al the lights so you can see what is what
script_name = Here you can set a script to a light. movement and rotation is already in the Lua scripts folder an can be called.
parent_name = you can connect a light to a object and script the object to rotate. this way the light will follow the object

6. Using particles (fire/smoke/exc.)

7. How to set a Cubemap

8. Using water object

9. Using LUA scripts to animate a object

10. How to mod a .dds file

11. maybe how to make a hook5 object using blender

 

 

Still thinking on how to share this info. I like movies myself because i can pause it, but im a bit nervous doing that.

Please share your thoughts about the way you would like me to do it.

 

I will start with this once i have my first ![OBJ]startercontentRC pack ready. (getting close)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 5
 Share

9 Comments


Recommended Comments

>Using LUA scripts to animate a object

I'd like to see more of this, all I did once was a simple rotating ceiling fan.
How to move objects by script or randomly use effects on it is over my level 🙂

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Hmmmm 1
Link to comment

The best way for me is a short movie and some important tips as well.

Or 

 Screenshots with some tips.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Bbird said:

>Using LUA scripts to animate a object

I'd like to see more of this, all I did once was a simple rotating ceiling fan.
How to move objects by script or randomly use effects on it is over my level 🙂

I will need to think about this one Bbird. It is something i like to do but maybe not here.

This idear is more for the new hook users. maybe a bit to advanced for this one.

I will move your request over to this Blog so we can go deeper in to it:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment

Almost ready to start the school.

I want to make it so you will have a end result.

There for i will be making a wall pack so you will have a new Bedroom after you finished school.

 

Startercontent floor pack is ready for download here:

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment

Setting Lights for a scene.

 

Its actualy not only the spotlights that light a scene. Spotlights are mostly used for highlights and shadows. 

Most of the lights will come of these two ways.

 

The easy way.

Use Cubemaps to set the overall light of your scene and use spotlights to create shadows. The Cubemap function will use the light of the cubemap image to color and light your scene.

Add spotlights to create shadows. try to avoid omni lights for fps. 1 omni is the same as 7 or 8 spotlights.

You can select a cubemap here:

image.png

You can change how strong it is with ambient here:

image.png

For a Cubemap do not go above intensity 1 or it will give your model strange artifacting. I like to set a skintone color here as it will influance the whole scene.

image.png

Exposure. try to keep this below 1 if you use a cubemap.

You can change the colors of the cubemap by changing the HDRI colors with the HDRFuncVars here: (these are very powerfull)

image.png

Also play with the envsource angle will change your scene a lot. so try that also.

If you have a dark or bright cubemap play with the EnvDiffuseScale and EnvSpecularScale to fit your needs.

This will set the base lighting of the scene and will be used to save as much fps as possible to setup a lightplan with spotlights.

 

For the lights i like to look at things like windows or light origin points so the shadows match these. Use the spotlights to highlight or create shadows.

Most of the time i set the color of the lights as a skintone. This will bring the shadows out on the model body.

 

plus:

easy to setup.

minus:

if you have reflective services you will see the cubemap image.

 

The Hard way.

In our combined project with Kraegar he told me about IBL lighting. Its Image Based Lighting. What this means is that you can build up the lighting with the objects you add to your scene.

Use Auto Cubemap: The colors of the scene you build will be used to create the cubemap. 

press turn to auto in enviroment lighting.

image.png

You will need 4 things for this:

1. A boundbox around your scene. This will tell the rendering engine what to use and what not to use. Everything within the Boundbox will be used in the rendering engine and buildup the colors and lights.

image.png

2. Some kind of reflection service. Think of glass and shiny floors or furniture with chrome. you can do this with specular maps. All the colors of your placed objects are used in the rendering engine.

Chrome specular maps work best for this. Also try them on the floors and windows.

3. Glow objects. these will be used in the redering engine and will make the scene lighter or give it the color you like.

4.  Ambiant color. use this and keep watch of the light on your model. Here is also where you can bring color in your scene.

image.png

If you are happy with the overall look you can play with spotlights to get the shadows and highlights in the places you like.

 

Here is also where you would use a LUT = Lookup Table. this will calculate the lights according to the Lookup table used.

You can compare this with a color correction filter that you can tweak.

 

plus:

reflective services show whats in the scene.

preformance gain when you use spotlights. you can use more.

you can push the colors way more than with a cubemap image

you can make realy dark scenes without losing detail.

minus:

changing the objects in the room will also change the cubemap

hard to set up as the cubemap changes while you build your scene.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Sexvision said:

Setting Lights for a scene.

 

Its actualy not only the spotlights that light a scene. Spotlights are mostly used for highlights and shadows. 

Most of the lights will come of these two ways.

 

The easy way.

Use Cubemaps to set the overall light of your scene and use spotlights to create shadows. The Cubemap function will use the light of the cubemap image to color and light your scene.

Add spotlights to create shadows. try to avoid omni lights for fps. 1 omni is the same as 7 or 8 spotlights.

You can select a cubemap here:

image.png

You can change how strong it is with ambient here:

image.png

For a Cubemap do not go above intensity 1 or it will give your model strange artifacting. I like to set a skintone color here as it will influance the whole scene.

image.png

Exposure. try to keep this below 1 if you use a cubemap.

You can change the colors of the cubemap by changing the HDRI colors with the HDRFuncVars here: (these are very powerfull)

image.png

Also play with the envsource angle will change your scene a lot. so try that also.

If you have a dark or bright cubemap play with the EnvDiffuseScale and EnvSpecularScale to fit your needs.

This will set the base lighting of the scene and will be used to save as much fps as possible to setup a lightplan with spotlights.

 

For the lights i like to look at things like windows or light origin points so the shadows match these. Use the spotlights to highlight or create shadows.

Most of the time i set the color of the lights as a skintone. This will bring the shadows out on the model body.

 

plus:

easy to setup.

minus:

if you have reflective services you will see the cubemap image.

 

The Hard way.

In our combined project with Kraegar he told me about IBL lighting. Its Image Based Lighting. What this means is that you can build up the lighting with the objects you add to your scene.

Use Auto Cubemap: The colors of the scene you build will be used to create the cubemap. 

press turn to auto in enviroment lighting.

image.png

You will need 4 things for this:

1. A boundbox around your scene. This will tell the rendering engine what to use and what not to use. Everything within the Boundbox will be used in the rendering engine and buildup the colors and lights.

image.png

2. Some kind of reflection service. Think of glass and shiny floors or furniture with chrome. you can do this with specular maps. All the colors of your placed objects are used in the rendering engine.

Chrome specular maps work best for this. Also try them on the floors and windows.

3. Glow objects. these will be used in the redering engine and will make the scene lighter or give it the color you like.

4.  Ambiant color. use this and keep watch of the light on your model. Here is also where you can bring color in your scene.

image.png

If you are happy with the overall look you can play with spotlights to get the shadows and highlights in the places you like.

 

Here is also where you would use a LUT = Lookup Table. this will calculate the lights according to the Lookup table used.

You can compare this with a color correction filter that you can tweak.

 

plus:

reflective services show whats in the scene.

preformance gain when you use spotlights. you can use more.

you can push the colors way more than with a cubemap image

you can make realy dark scenes without losing detail.

minus:

changing the objects in the room will also change the cubemap

hard to set up as the cubemap changes while you build your scene.

You should probably stick this in a tutorial.  It will get buried in a blog post.  Good information nobody will ever see.

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

You should probably stick this in a tutorial.  It will get buried in a blog post.  Good information nobody will ever see.

I plan to but want to put it in a files that i can update. Thanks mate

Link to comment

Fucking crap is not working so again.

6. Particle system.

Particles are textures that are animated and run on a loop.

This will give a 3d effect.

To add a particle open a room, press F4 to open the Hook GUI and press "create fire"  like below.

 

This will open up the below window:

1. name of your particle texture. press rename to name it.

2. effect on or off

3. Position of the bound box holding the particle in x,y,z

4. Emitter size is the size of the bound box holding the particle. the bigger the box the more room the particle will get to move around. if you want to keep something in place try to make it as small as possible.

5. This will be the texture being used for the particle. click on the bar below and click hook files. then go to particles folder.

6. sample demention will be the amount of textures on left to right and top to down. if you use my particle template it will be 8x8 ending up with 64 squars.

7. minimum sample size will set the minimum that the sample may be in its animation.

8. other way around from above mentioned by 7.

9. sample count you can set the amount of times the sample will be used. set to 1 if you want to keep something in place.

10. swap speed will be the frames per second (fps) used by the emitter. in above case it will be 30 fps

11. particles work from dark to light. black being no effect and light being use the color from the sample texture in that place of the grid.

12. glow is what is is..... glow.

Whats a parant.

The parant will be the object you can attach this particle to. like the fire connected to the fire rock ring. Move the Fire Rock Ring [parent] will also move the fire [kid]. this is also why naming your objects is so important.

script. You can add a script to the particle emitter by attaching a script. this way you can make a particle move or rotate.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

WARNING! Adult Only Content You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. By accepting you agree to Klub Exile's Terms of Use and Guidelines upon creating an account.