Jump to content

Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Hook5 lags significantly after a while


Recommended Posts

I have finally switched from 7.5 to VX and trying to do everything here. However I have this annoying issue with H5 in VX: after couple of minutes H5 starts to lag terribly. The symptoms include FPS dropping to 0, hairworks going totally white, eye irises disappear etc. It looks like H5 is reinitialising every second or so (imagine hitting alt-r every second). Usually it happens after reloading a room or alt-tabbing between notepad, photoshop and VX. The only way is to exit VX and re-run. Sometimes it's hard to even save a pose or a room I'm working on. It never happened in 7.5 so I wonder what could it be.
Any thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
  • Eyes: The eyes functions are totally different between 7.5 and VX. And there is a bug for VX that has not been fixed and I doubt it will be fixed. The bug is: the Hook5 files will not be loaded and will require you to reload it. As it been said many times, either Alt+R (though I don't like that method because it creates a bottleneck and IMO can crash your game if done a bunch of times) or reload textures by switch to another texture and switching back (Ex: Eye texture 20, switch to 19 or 21 and switch back).
  • Lag(always reloading): I'm pretty sure this has always happened since 7.5 days and it has been reported and said to do this; you will have to disable the Texture TrackingEnable. Either through tweaking your MainFX file or through in game game. Switch from 1 to 0. I also turned off level tracking and setting tracking.
  • White Hair: I recently had this happen to me. Was using a old Hook5 setting. Under the cartoon setting, turn off specularLUT.  

With that said, hopefully you fix your issues. Hook5$ is working fine on my end. Sure the eyes issue is annoying but its a minor setback and what VX offers, it compensates at lot.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

In addition to what @Smoke some things that I do...specifically because I am running it on a gaming laptop

  • Running a portable install
  • Make sure my laptop power profile is on performance or whatever the similar option is and always plugged in, Loss of AC power on a latop immediately makes FPS go to shit
  • Make sure the game is using my discrete graphics card in NVidia settings with Vertical Sync turned off, and Max FPS at 60, I use the max FPS setting as it is better for Physx hair at keeps the hair from jerking around
  • I play Windowed Mode at 1920 x 1280, Vertical Sync Off, Limit to 120hz On
  • My MainFX file has forced boderless window mode turned on (iForceBorderlessWindow=1). Maybe you have texture tracking on...as that might cause an issue.
  • Oh I don't reload rooms.  If I need to do a room reload, I close out the game and restart it.  What I found is by doing this even with the 1 minute Hook 5 initialization delay, you will still load a room faster then trying to do a room reload.

I am assuming when you moved to VX you did not just dump all your 7.5 addons into your VX addon folder. If so I would start there as you probably have a weird addon causing you problems.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, amaronap said:

I have finally switched from 7.5 to VX and trying to do everything here. However I have this annoying issue with H5 in VX: after couple of minutes H5 starts to lag terribly. The symptoms include FPS dropping to 0, hairworks going totally white, eye irises disappear etc. It looks like H5 is reinitialising every second or so (imagine hitting alt-r every second). Usually it happens after reloading a room or alt-tabbing between notepad, photoshop and VX. The only way is to exit VX and re-run. Sometimes it's hard to even save a pose or a room I'm working on. It never happened in 7.5 so I wonder what could it be.
Any thoughts?

make sure texture tracking is disabled in Hook settings

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, loki1968 said:

make sure texture tracking is disabled in Hook settings

That's what I would go for too:

Under Global Settings:

iTextureTrackingEnable                    = 0
iLevelDefinitionTrackingEnable        = 0
iSettingsTrackingEnable                 = 0
iEnableBackgroundRendering                = 0

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, I was expecting that disabling texture & level definition tracking would help. Did that and indeed I'm not seeing this issue. Shame really because it was a nice feature and worked flawlessly in 7.5 - at least for me.

10 hours ago, Smoke said:
  • Eyes: The eyes functions are totally different between 7.5 and VX. And there is a bug for VX that has not been fixed and I doubt it will be fixed. The bug is: the Hook5 files will not be loaded and will require you to reload it.

@Smoke, Face hack in GFX/UI tab of VX options manager fixes that issue

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, amaronap said:

Yup, I was expecting that disabling texture & level definition tracking would help. Did that and indeed I'm not seeing this issue. Shame really because it was a nice feature and worked flawlessly in 7.5 - at least for me.

@Smoke, Face hack in GFX/UI tab of VX options manager fixes that issue

I can have texture tracking on without lag/issues but level def has to be off for me. And this doesn´t matter since every change in-game made in hook 5 gui changes directly even without level def tracking on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess, from my experience, I would say that it's just a laptop that's not good enough.

 

I got a laptop, VX & H5 does work on it, but it's...just slower, it doesn't run smoothly. Back on my previous PC, it was really old, but VX still ran smoothly, the current one runs with close to no problems too.

I hate to break it to you, but you might just not have a good enough laptop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

WARNING! Adult Only Content You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. By accepting you agree to Klub Exile's Terms of Use and Guidelines upon creating an account.