Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

How to use facegen?

On 1/9/2022 at 12:33 PM, redshock said:

I would like to know if it is possible to use facegen on t17 vx, because with the integrated one the results are bad

You can find the importer in this thread:

Afterwards you create your face, save it, launch the importer and follow the steps. Be aware that facegen needs to sit in the binaries folder of tk17

37 minutes ago, Enddoc said:

Great face generator.

No comment padding! 😬

If it has nothing to do with the topic or question asked, simply to get your content count up, don't say it.

You will be punished for that.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, McKeu said:

You can find the importer in this thread:

Afterwards you create your face, save it, launch the importer and follow the steps. Be aware that facegen needs to sit in the binaries folder of tk17

What happened to this file/thread that was shared?  There is no link.  I use facegen as well and want to be able to use the importer.

EDIT: Nevermind... found it.  It just wasn't obvious to me since the link was internal to the quote.

Edited by sheb0p

I have another question.  When you say:

On 2/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, McKeu said:

Be aware that facegen needs to sit in the binaries folder of tk17

What is facegen.exe?  The linked thread also talks about this but it doesn't seem to be part of TK17 or the original game (as that was not a separate executable FAIK).  Does it refer to this?

Edited by sheb0p

38 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

I have another question.  When you say:

What is facegen.exe?  The linked thread also talks about this but it doesn't seem to be part of TK17 or the original game (as that was not a separate executable FAIK).  Does it refer to this?

Facegen is an external program, which you can download here for example: https://facegen.com/downloads.htm

Now, opinions vary about which one is better: The built in facemate, or the external facegen. I am a fan of facemate, but that is a personal preference and depends on how happy you, subjectively, are with the results of either of them.

In the thread, one of the posts has the facegenimporter file linked to it. If you use facemate, you don't need any of that. But hey, That is up to you.

Which version works?  (I am assuming artist).  

In regard to your comments: I like to use both.  I use Facegen to quickly get a face similar to what I want.  Then I change it using sliders to try and improve it.  However, I have seen how much more accurate Facegen is when compared to the original internal Facegen option in the original game.  So I may or may not need to do much augmentation with sliders. 

FYI there is a new tool for doing something similar in Blender.  The video shows some fantastic results; (though it is more complicated to use than sliders and Facegen).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

Which version works?  (I am assuming artist).  

In regard to your comments: I like to use both.  I use Facegen to quickly get a face similar to what I want.  Then I change it using sliders to try and improve it.  However, I have seen how much more accurate Facegen is when compared to the original internal Facegen option in the original game.  So I may or may not need to do much augmentation with sliders. 

FYI there is a new tool for doing something similar in Blender.  The video shows some fantastic results; (though it is more complicated to use than sliders and Facegen).

Yeah, I just started blender, so faces are not currently on the top of my list 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sheb0p said:

@McKeu, which version of FaceGen is required?  Their appear to be at least 4 different versions and each of those versions has a 32 bit and a 64 bit download.

I am not really sure it matters, tbf. I am not using Facegen much, but I believe the version I messed around with was FG Artist Pro.

@McKeuYeah.  I just figured it out.  Running the importer explains everything.   However, It doesn't explain where to find the imported facegen model.   Perhaps you can help.  It created a new Model in TK17/ActiveMod/.  However, I have no idea how to use a model located here.  Community imports are in the community folder for the scene and Saved models are located in saves.  So where do I load a model in the ActiveMod folder?

Edited by sheb0p

4 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

@McKeuYeah.  I just figured it out.  Running the importer explains everything.   However, It doesn't explain where to find the imported facegen model.   Perhaps you can help.  It created a new Model in TK17/ActiveMod/.  However, I have no idea how to use a model located here.  Community imports are in the community folder for the scene and Saved models are located in saves.  So where do I load a model in the ActiveMod folder?

In game you should now have a model named "Customize me" or similar. That's the model with the face. Nothing more needs to be done.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:33 AM, redshock said:

I would like to know if it is possible to use facegen on t17 vx, because with the integrated one the results are bad

Possible?  Yes.  The results are hit and miss even with the latest.  Really, just make sure you first put a copy of the FaceGen Modeller application exe in your main binaries folder.  Run it from there or from where you installed the modeller program.  YES YOU NEED MODELLER FOR THIS, not ARTIST.  The difference is that Modeller comes with Customizer, which allows you to collect\create assets for use in Modeller, like the face model you will be fitting to, some added colorful pieces like eyes, teeth, tongue, and even hairs.  If you have these available, you can attempt to add them, but the base file set that is added by the importer exe doesn't have them.  The importer places the file set where you can load it in the modeller.

Once you are in modeller, you go through the menu system and find where you can change model set.  Then select the SV set.  It may look a little odd, but it will work.

There are multiple ways to use the modeller.  First, you'll need a frontal image to work from.  It is also good to have at least one side to work with, but not as necessary.  Place the points, run the modeller algorithm, make sure to preserve facial hair.  This is important because it will assume there is a hairline or 5 oclock shadow in the image if you don't.  If there isn't hair, it will add it, if there is, it won't match without this.  You can use the side details but they aren't necessary.  You won't want to bring this into VX, the skin won't match the model in the game.

There are two paths I've followed to get decent results.  For some models, you can find or take all three images that you'll need.

The frontal face is necessary.  It will be the primary placement and spacing modifier for the most of the major details.

You can stop there and use the other panels in the Modeller to adjust the shape and symetry of the face as needed; this usually results in semi-decent results, a highly subjective measure, but a good way to practice your visual acuity and get used to the interface.

Most often, two images produce far superior results.  A single side image of the face can make all the difference.  This image will be used to enhance the spacing algorithm with finer detail adjustment.  The sizing of each major area is much more accurate.  After this, you should have a roughly symetrical look, and you can offset this a bit to be more realistic using other panels.  This method has proven to be successful in producing decent results the most of the three steps.  I use this one most often, since some faces don't show in searches with all three images, and some don't have a decent side image to work from.  The single image method I use the least, though some faces rarely even have a decent frontal image, so some improvisation is necessary in the control points, and this makes accuracy less probable.  I may start with it if the side images are also a bit shawdy.  I'll run the single image and take screen shots of the control points.

The last method is to use an opposite side image to adjust the shaping further, and create the slight asymetry that real faces have.  There are two ways I perform this.  With some faces, they look fake in one and two image control, so I use the same side image by creating a copy that I flip horizontally in a photo app.  This lets me try to put in control points again, which introduces a slight deviation that should align the face with just a bit more of the realism you'd look for.  Another way is to find the third image and use that for your adjustments.  I use this almost as much as the two image method, mainly because it can throw your symetry way off, especially if the images are different sizes, stretched etc.  Some photographers will stretch images by just a pixel or two, sometimes in only one direction, which throws off any such measurements without actually damaging the photo message of the image.  Some go one pixel one direction, two in another etc.  Either way, it makes the image a liability in use for control points, especially when it is the third image for finer detail sizing.  As a second image, it would produce some of the asymetry that might add realism.  If flipped as a third image, the sizing of some details may not be correct.

Once you've run the algorithm, it might be necessary to adjust a little in the other panels.  I usually remove any textures afterward, then I save as an FG file, and use the importer to pull one into the game.  Then I run the game fit some hair to the "CHANGE_ME" or "CUSTOM" model in the customizer.

I don't remember how to reload the room directly, so if you select a different body, you can exit the customizer and enter again to load it.  Add a hair, and see how your adjustments fit.  Most of the time, the results are close.  Not as close as an artfully done custom morph by hand, but close.  Some are almost exact re-creations, but it's rare.  I'll post one soon enough to show you.

Update:

Cote De Pablo face

body is a mod I dl'ed here, then adjusted to match.  Clothing standard outfit in VX.  Focus on the face..  This was done with Fagegen modeller, 3 images, symetry adjusted after, then a save to FG and moved to a folder for use in the importer.  After, the body was modded, the clothes added, and the hair is an R9 add on as well.  Very close, by my estimation, but still not as squared off.  Maybe a jawline adjustment misplaced slightly.  This was a single run through.  After I was satisfied with it, I added the name, and personality traits.  The only voice I found so far is a modded female english 6 sub.  It's close, but again, not perfect.

The Klub 17-0002.png

Edited by nanobyte17
New data
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 2/26/2022 at 5:45 PM, sheb0p said:

@McKeu, which version of FaceGen is required?  Their appear to be at least 4 different versions and each of those versions has a 32 bit and a 64 bit download.

It really doesn't matter if you have a 32 or 64bit version, you only need to have it installed.  The reason for this is that the importer needs to send the base files to the application files so you can use the model set for SV4 in FaceGen.  It cannot place these files in the Artist Pro version, only in modeller.  While you can use artist pro to open the files later, and make simple adjustments.  There are a few more sliders and capabilities in modeller anyway.  The files created are all 32bit version compatible, which makes them compatible with the importer.  You only need to have it copy the base files once.  After that, you can use them over and over.  If you can get the base files for other heads, you can use those as well.

The FG file created is a FACIAL GRAFT file (no it doesn't mean FACEGEN, it was used when facegen was facemaker, facemate, and then facegen the face adjustments are grafted onto a base mesh mathematically, and the mesh is then drawn with the alterations).  Do not use the EXPORT unless you are moving this file to another program like BLENDER.  Save the file and it will be in FG format, with the SV4 basemesh as the reference point, allowing the game to apply the adjustments and curves to the original head.

If you intend to use a modded head, you'll have to first place the basefile set into your FaceGen file set in your users folder.  Follow the instructions in the importer, it tells you where to find the fileset.  Once you have done so, you can import the FG file, save the head, even if it looks like bollocks; then load the basehead mod, exit and reenter, then load the saved head adjustments, and you should see the better looking face.  The adjustments are saved, not necessarily the basehead used.  When you save the model, the basehead is also saved, which happens automatically when you exit the customizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nanobyte17 said:

Do not use the EXPORT unless you are moving this file to another program like BLENDER.  Save the file and it will be in FG format, with the SV4 basemesh as the reference point, allowing the game to apply the adjustments and curves to the original head.

If you intend to use a modded head, you'll have to first place the basefile set into your FaceGen file set in your users folder.  Follow the instructions in the importer, it tells you where to find the fileset.  Once you have done so, you can import the FG file, save the head, even if it looks like bollocks; then load the basehead mod, exit and reenter, then load the saved head adjustments, and you should see the better looking face.  The adjustments are saved, not necessarily the basehead used.  When you save the model, the basehead is also saved, which happens automatically when you exit the customizer.

Is it possible to use a custom head?  Could I export the created head to Blender, use another utility (a blender head plugin) to create the final head version; then export it to a format that would be usable in the game?  If so, how would I make sure that the head fits the body? 

Another question.  Is there a high poly head?  I don't like the way the vanilla head has so many points linked to so many different sliders.  I find myself going in circles when I use the sliders to adjust the head.  I fix the eyes, the nose, then the mouth the jaw, the ratio of the lengths between them all and I find I have to start over because the adjustments I have made while comparing to a photo, bring me back to the way it looked before with a few minor differences.  I keep going in circles because to few vertices means that so many vertices are affected by too many sliders.

Edited by sheb0p

Not any of i am aware of

First: you would need to make a program that loads bith faces and projects vanilla poly model verts onto high res face but then you would need to match mouth with mout eye with eye etc.

Second queation: you would need.to completwly change ingame face morpha to match new head model.

So how are the different head downloads created then? It isn't simply a matter of sliders.  If it were, then loading a face on ALL heads would look the same; which is not the case.  How are the different heads created?

7 hours ago, sheb0p said:

So how are the different head downloads created then? It isn't simply a matter of sliders.  If it were, then loading a face on ALL heads would look the same; which is not the case.  How are the different heads created?

I think I already said that it's possible on your head thread. (https://www.klubexile.com/topic/3579-heads/#comment-28793)

Problem is that most tutorials here are outdated, though. Will demand trial and error, or talking to someone who actually uploaded and created custom heads. I am sure it is a more rare art than creating a toy. Most won't be able to answer this.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, sheb0p said:

Is it possible to use a custom head?  Could I export the created head to Blender, use another utility (a blender head plugin) to create the final head version; then export it to a format that would be usable in the game?  If so, how would I make sure that the head fits the body? 

Another question.  Is there a high poly head?  I don't like the way the vanilla head has so many points linked to so many different sliders.  I find myself going in circles when I use the sliders to adjust the head.  I fix the eyes, the nose, then the mouth the jaw, the ratio of the lengths between them all and I find I have to start over because the adjustments I have made while comparing to a photo, bring me back to the way it looked before with a few minor differences.  I keep going in circles because to few vertices means that so many vertices are affected by too many sliders.

Yes it is possible to use a custom head, however, it is difficult.  You need to follow roughly the same procedure.  You need the basefile set for the head you want to use, and load that into the model sets folder in facegen.  You can look into this folder in users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\facegen folder, and find the model sets folder.  You can see the file types it is looking for, then find your base face, unpack it, compare to make sure the file set is the right type, and then place the files as necessary, giving them a descriptive name.  In the modeler, you simply load this basemesh set, then you can use a photofit, or work the mesh on your own.  I'd look up the instructions for that in the modeler website, and you'll have a lot easier work.  After you mold your model's face, you have to load that face.  For this model, you cannot load the model the same way as you would with the original mesh; you have strayed from the original mesh and now you need to create a model file set that will reference the files you use.  Follow these steps:

1. Create a clone model of any model, make note of the model number, this is the folder you will edit in your save\models folder.

2. Open the model in the customizer, and set the baseface you want to use, along with the body etc, then exit and reenter the customizer to load those basemeshes.

3. Leave the game.  Open the model folder, look through each of the files.  One of them should be a text file that lists the references the model uses (which file sets for the base meshes and any adjustments; there shouldn't be any adjustments yet).  Leave this open, or do a simple copy into another text file, leave that open.

4. Use the FG file importer to bring in an FG file.  Open the game, find the model with "CHANGE_ME" and note the model number.  Quit the game.

5. Open the new model folder, find the file with all the base mesh info, and adjusted data.  You should be able to figure out which parts of the other text you'll need.  Where you find the basemesh for the face or body, replace it with something from the other file.  Save when you are finished.  Close the files.

6. Open the game, load the "Change_Me" model, you should see your selected face appropriately adjusted.

IF you haven't created a skin mesh, the texturing might be a bit cartoonish.  Adobe has some new software for creating textures, and they are removing 3d capability from photoshop.  You can create basic pass files and layering for use in the customizer, or you can layer multiple sets for hook, but either way, without your own textures, you'll be limited in realism.  If you have high quality images of your model, you can create the texture tiles from that easily with the sampler app, then you can layer it in the 3dpainter if you can download the body mesh etc.  You can add the color etc and create a full skin to use.  If your photofit files are really good, you can apply the side images to the Facegen file, and on import, it will be applied to the model.  I would use them to create your own textures and then apply them to the face skinning as layers, since you'll be able to compare them to the body skin and make the color\seams disappear.  You can even use multiple samples from body and face to create a very accurate detail level with common color.  You can also create your own makeup layers, etc for hook5.

My best results vary from 2 photo to 3 photo for photofit.  In the end, I usually go back to the generate tab, and then adjust the symetry with a slider.  Occasionally, I use the age slider or the "race" slider to augment slightly, but if you make a mistake, you can undo a few steps back.

TO illustrate a little more:  Face downloads are usually molded from the base set, or simply copied over the nodes that the base set was programmed with.  Nodes are control points used by the program to adjust the face with the sliders in the customizer, and they correspond to common facial symetry differentiators, natural markers that are the common areas of the head and face that generally adjust together with other larger areas by a somewhat predictable value (derived from an equation built from many of those points).  The nodes are part of the mesh file.  You simply copy your molded face over the top of the original base, then delete the base mesh while keeping the nodes.  You may have to adjust them, and you may even add your own for more unique adjustments to a particular face, which would also require you to create a slider to plug into the customizer.  This is how some sliders were added.  Certain unique features were built from the basemesh and a differential was built.  That differential was used to change multiple areas toward the new mold in the positive direction, or away from it in the negative.  That means that some areas will expand, while others contract, some go up while others go down, all at the same time; and if you go the other direction on the slider they all reverse.  This is similar to the DAZ\POSER morph slider functions.  Some morphing functions work similarly in blender or other apps, but the morphs themselves do not work across applications directly, you have to copy their code and often make adjustments for it to work, and your model has to conform to the same dimensions and nodes.

• Thanks 2

On 2/27/2022 at 6:59 AM, McKeu said:

Facegen is an external program, which you can download here for example: https://facegen.com/downloads.htm

Now, opinions vary about which one is better: The built in facemate, or the external facegen. I am a fan of facemate, but that is a personal preference and depends on how happy you, subjectively, are with the results of either of them.

In the thread, one of the posts has the facegenimporter file linked to it. If you use facemate, you don't need any of that. But hey, That is up to you.

which must i download ??

FaceGen Artist Demo

FaceGen 3D Print Demo

FaceGen Modeller Demo