Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Hook5 People Objects? (Soldiers et al)

Trapp

Question

Good afternoon (where I'm from), good people! I have a quick request here.

Has anybody here worked with the Crowd Generator to create objects of models wearing military clothes in a combat situation? If not, are there any available Hook5 objects of soldiers? Preferably guerilla/spec ops or something that doesn't necessarily identify them as a specific country's army? Thanks in advance!

• Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 answers to this question

Before my longer absence I was working on a civilian people pack for Hook5 as objects.

I do not have any military ones, but I can have a look and maybe create some. This will take a long while, however. I need to set everything up again and very likely have to isolate the singular people in question and convert them into H5 objects, maybe even pose them to your needs first. Depending on what source material I find, this can be a grueling process.
Gonna have a look at cgtrader and let you know if I find anything suitable as source. Any preference about era / armament?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did find some good examples of (modern) guerilla forces on cgtrader. Downside: They are "rigged" and I need to pose them to specific needs. That is time consuming at best, and not worth it at worst. They are delivered in neutral positions with armaments being extra. I would need to pose them in the proper positions in blender, then export them as obj, then turn them into a h5 object.
Question remains: Any specific time period in mind, or any modern will do?

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/man/modular-military-character-2

Just now, McKeu said:

I did find some good examples of (modern) guerilla forces on cgtrader. Downside: They are "rigged" and I need to pose them to specific needs. That is time consuming at best, and not worth it at worst. They are delivered in neutral positions with armaments being extra. I would need to pose them in the proper positions in blender, then export them as obj, then turn them into a h5 object.
Question remains: Any specific time period in mind, or any modern will do?

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/man/modular-military-character-2

Modern day soldiers are good. I ain't try to go to a different time period or anything lol! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Trapp said:

Modern day soldiers are good. I ain't try to go to a different time period or anything lol! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

The time it takes means nothing to me, tbh. But be prepared for it to take looong (as in: months, even a year+), unless someone already has some at the ready.
They basically come as t-posing puppets and I have to bend them in shape before I can even think about exporting them anywhere.
I did sadly not find any pre-posed soldiers in battle. Where I look, they all come "game ready", meaning as rigged models to be used in animations and such.

The civilian ones I am working on are much easier, since thy already come lifelike and properly posed. Imagine all these coming t-posed and me having to arrange them all manually. I'd suffer for the next three christmasses flat.

large.people.jpg.671fed4d79ee992f76fb0a9d6cce90fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McKeu said:

The time it takes means nothing to me, tbh. But be prepared for it to take looong (as in: months, even a year+), unless someone already has some at the ready.
They basically come as t-posing puppets and I have to bend them in shape before I can even think about exporting them anywhere.
I did sadly not find any pre-posed soldiers in battle. Where I look, they all come "game ready", meaning as rigged models to be used in animations and such.

The civilian ones I am working on are much easier, since thy already come lifelike and properly posed. Imagine all these coming t-posed and me having to arrange them all manually. I'd suffer for the next three christmasses flat.

large.people.jpg.671fed4d79ee992f76fb0a9d6cce90fb.jpg

Wow, these look amazing! These can definitely come in handy for social events, awesome! Thank you for your service!

• Like 1