Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Supersampled screenshots possible?

Is there a way to take screenshots (with Hook5 or any other method) in a higher resolution than the game is running at? For making a comic, it would be really great to be able to screenshot at something like 8K and then downsample the result to 1080p to get rid of all the aliasing.

If you use hook5 extended and press ctrl+PrtScr, you will get an image with a resolution of 4480x2424. The image will be saved directly to the binary file folder.

7 hours ago, Kanmar said:

If you use hook5 extended and press ctrl+PrtScr, you will get an image with a resolution of 4480x2424. The image will be saved directly to the binary file folder.

Ah, somehow I missed that. Thanks.

I guess it's not possible to configure the resolution and it's fixed at 4480x2424?

3 hours ago, PinkDaizy said:

I guess it's not possible to configure the resolution and it's fixed at 4480x2424?

Even if it is possible, I do not know how to do it. Perhaps there is such a possibility. You would have to read main11 and see if there is a line responsible for screenshots resolution.

1 hour ago, Kanmar said:

Even if it is possible, I do not know how to do it. Perhaps there is such a possibility. You would have to read main11 and see if there is a line responsible for screenshots resolution.

Found it. I was looking for something with "screenshot" in the name, but it's actually "iHiResScreenScale". Default is 4. It doesn't seem to use the full native resolution as a base though. At 720p, a value of 3 results in a 1752p screenshot. A value of 4 gives 2336p, and 5 gives 2920p, suggesting 584p as the base res instead of 720p.

6 is the highest value it accepts. Anything higher just caps to 6. To get higher screenshot resolution, I need to increase the resolution of the game. At 1080p, a value of 6 gives 10080x5664 screenshots, which look good enough when scaled back down to 1080p, without any aliasing.

Edit: Another way to increase screenshot res is to raise the internal resolution scale with fResolutionScale. Setting it to 2 at 720p with iHiResScreenScale set to 6 gives 13920x7824 screenshots.

Edited by PinkDaizy

1 hour ago, PinkDaizy said:

Found it. I was looking for something with "screenshot" in the name, but it's actually "iHiResScreenScale". Default is 4. It doesn't seem to use the full native resolution as a base though. At 720p, a value of 3 results in a 1752p screenshot. A value of 4 gives 2336p, and 5 gives 2920p, suggesting 584p as the base res instead of 720p.

6 is the highest value it accepts. Anything higher just caps to 6. To get higher screenshot resolution, I need to increase the resolution of the game. At 1080p, a value of 6 gives 10080x5664 screenshots, which look good enough when scaled back down to 1080p, without any aliasing.

Edit: Another way to increase screenshot res is to raise the internal resolution scale with fResolutionScale. Setting it to 2 at 720p with iHiResScreenScale set to 6 gives 13920x7824 screenshots.

So you have found the answer to your question. Congratulations.

Besides, your search gave valuable insights for people who would need images in such high resolution.