Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Pit Babe Boots

Hi all,

Quick question for the VX Gurus out there:

I've just put the finishing touches to a Superhero outfit, but when I tested it out in VX, one of the base textures wasn't being recognised (the texture below in yellow). Both textures are used for the boots to the outfit 'Pit Babe', but the whereas the game is recognising F_Racing001_Boots, it's not recognising F_Racing001_Checker01. I know its not a texture name issue, since the texture is recognised just fine in v.7.5, but not VX... so, anyone got any ideas?

• F_Racing001_Boots
  • F_Racing001_Checker01

Thanks,

- Number251137

3 hours ago, Number251137 said:

Hi all,

Quick question for the VX Gurus out there:

I've just put the finishing touches to a Superhero outfit, but when I tested it out in VX, one of the base textures wasn't being recognised (the texture below in yellow). Both textures are used for the boots to the outfit 'Pit Babe', but the whereas the game is recognising F_Racing001_Boots, it's not recognising F_Racing001_Checker01. I know its not a texture name issue, since the texture is recognised just fine in v.7.5, but not VX... so, anyone got any ideas?

• F_Racing001_Boots
  • F_Racing001_Checker01

Thanks,

- Number251137

I've looked at this previously and it's a nasty stubborn one.

As you've mentioned, the Checker part of the texture is now not Activemod enabled - and nothing I've tried will change this.

The solution I use is to over-ride (replace) the default Checker texture with a blank Alphamask texture - this effectively removes the checker band area from ANY version of the boot.

This works fine for me as all the Activemod textures I have require this band to be removed anyway (and I don't use the default boots).  

If your Activemod textures use this band as part of the retexture, it wouldn't work - I'm really not sure what would.  

But if they don't need it, I could give you an Addon solution that will provide the necessary texture replacement - and is easily reversible (by simply removing this addon) if you should need the default checker band back in the game at any point.  

It is something you would therefore need to include with any retextures you post, along with a suitable explanation of how to use.

The only negative is that this may also affect the Pit Babe Top, which also appears to use the F_Racing001_Checker01 texture - but I haven't checked this.  It's not a top I've ever used.

Just let me know.

:classic_smile:

In-game example:

ScreenCap_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, aardy said:

I've looked at this previously and it's a nasty stubborn one.

As you've mentioned, the Checker part of the texture is now not Activemod enabled - and nothing I've tried will change this.

The solution I use is to over-ride (replace) the default Checker texture with a blank Alphamask texture - this effectively removes the checker band area from ANY version of the boot.

This works fine for me as all the Activemod textures I have require this band to be removed anyway (and I don't use the default boots).  

If your Activemod textures use this band as part of the retexture, it wouldn't work - I'm really not sure what would.  

But if they don't need it, I could give you an Addon solution that will provide the necessary texture replacement - and is easily reversible (by simply removing this addon) if you should need the default checker band back in the game at any point.  

It is something you would therefore need to include with any retextures you post, along with a suitable explanation of how to use.

The only negative is that this may also affect the Pit Babe Top, which also appears to use the F_Racing001_Checker01 texture - but I haven't checked this.  It's not a top I've ever used.

Just let me know.

:classic_smile:

In-game example:

Thanks, aardy. That's definitely something I could use! Strange that how it got changed in the transition from v.75 -> VX, but I guess these things happen. The loss of the checker texture wouldn't be too great, and really, it just looks a bit odd at the moment with red boots and a chequer texture at the top! If you could provide an Addon that would lose the chequer texture entirely, that would be great.

Cheers! 😁

7 minutes ago, Number251137 said:

Thanks, aardy. That's definitely something I could use! Strange that how it got changed in the transition from v.75 -> VX, but I guess these things happen. The loss of the checker texture wouldn't be too great, and really, it just looks a bit odd at the moment with red boots and a chequer texture at the top! If you could provide an Addon that would lose the chequer texture entirely, that would be great.

Cheers! 😁

PM sent  :classic_smile: