Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Re-Posting Question

Wulfshed

So I have a lot of content that I have from TK17 and legacy game stored on my HD.  I don't see a lot of it on here or on Loverslab.  My question is I am not the creator, and in many cases I would be unable to cite the original creator for most of it.  I am not keen to be flamed on here for stealing or whatever or overlap of pose packs or other packs that might share some of the same material.  I would be hard pressed to verify 100% of it isn't re-posted, but there I am. 

I would like some feedback from you guys before I start doing any of it.  Thanks

• Administrator

Personally, there is a major misconception here. You are free to post but please post it in VX format.

The reason is simple - VX is the primary game. Though you (and anyone) are free to use 7.5, we don't support/use 7.5 due to its limitation and messy state that it is in.

And there is a fear of stolen content - we get it, you don't know who made. It is fine. But if said creator is still active here and request to have it transfer or deleted, we will listen to their request. For example: My stuff. Why would you want my 7.5 stuff on VX? I have made a VX that is superior in every aspect. I don't supply support or "customer service" for 7.5 nor do I want it, therefore I want it removed.

As for duplicates. Our section is organized and we have a functioning search function and is easy to find. Also if you can provide further detail on the content of such packs, it would be better than those that don't supply one.

As for our loverlab section. Again you are free to post it there as well. We some what treat our LL section as the place where you can post "t-x-x" files there and support 7.5 there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks again, I looked through some of the rules and I don't want the first things I post to get flagged for TOS violation or whatnot.  I am curious if it is better to try and post the stuff as packs of similar content or singularly?  I mean according to the point system clearly the superior choice is to parcel it out and get the most credit, but I don't think that is particularly helpful regarding my time or an honest representation of like 90% other peoples content.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback, hopefully I can package the stuff up and post it.  As far as VX, I mean I have run the utility on most of it to make it compatible with VX, but soem of it is older content, point being that not posting it will render some of it lost if I don't post it.  Not saying it's all like DaVinci's masterworks, but all of it does represent someone's genuine effort and tossing it away for minor compatibility issues seems an odd choice. 

• Administrator

That depends. For individual addons, I think it should be added as its own entry. And some users have created their own texture/pose packs and I think those too should be added as its own entry. But in many cases, users did upload individual textures, poses, etc. So if you can group them together, it would be optimal. Personal, a great example of someone doing great work on reposting is aardy.

1 hour ago, Wulfshed said:

but soem of it is older content, point being that not posting it will render some of it lost if I don't post it.  Not saying it's all like DaVinci's masterworks, but all of it does represent someone's genuine effort and tossing it away for minor compatibility issues seems an odd choice. 

That depends - I know you don't want to diss and want to keep work alive. But sometimes it is for the best. Again - me for example: before modding, I was making textures. I remember spending some time making a school girl outfit, using different textures to make that outfit. Not the best but it was great for having the tools that were given. Fast forward to today. Would it be nice to see those texture, maybe. Personally, why would you want those textures where asset was created for that purpose. Textures will be far better and better ones can be created. But there are conflicting addons, some are using same ID's - I recall I had this issue with some glasses and a mask. The creator of the mask failed to read ID list and used a number that was already in use. The problem was this, the masked was repacked so it was pretty hard finding and locating the conflicting addon. Other are just made in a outdated methods and you can clearly see the limits.

Returning to the point system. I know you are probably thinking of massing great numbers. But it easy to earn point as there are different avenues to start earning. If you take screenshot. You can easily earn XP like that. Look at Oz70NYC, he shares images and gets XP. Providing solid feedback/reviews nets you XP.

As for getting flagged. I know some might get scared, but we do listen. We are human. If you are not a jerk to us, we aren't a jerks. We do try to answer questions and if you think you were flagged wrongly, don't be afraid to PM us. We do listen, this ain't MG bro 😉 

Thanks.  Broadly what I was thinking anyway.  I am a sporadic modder/creator of stuff between legacy software and on the old MG site.  I have been fooling around with the software for a while.  I concur that a lot of my older stuff seems archaic now.  On the other hand I am sure I regularly use stuff that that the original poster probably would not think of as their best work, but if the end user likes it than that is something.  I really feel indifferent to the XP system.  Honestly it was the legacy software's switch to a community site built around encouraging engagement with similar system that made me seek out MG in the first place.  I get the intent, but I do think it drives off some segment of the community.  I suppose everything is an exchange rate of that sort in designing an online community nowadays. 

Appreciate your feedback. 

• Thumbs Up 1