Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Replace the black background of the Devil May Cry Office by sky or else

Exiled_Vizir

Hi, I use the Devil May Cry Office room for a sequence, it's great room but the sky or the background in the street outside the office is 

inexistent, this is what I want to do in picture:

Capture2.jpg

So my idea was to fill the black area with some  texture and I would to know what is simple the way to do that, because I don't want

to spent a lot of time on it. I was thinking to modify the add-on directly (but it sounds complex because I never do it) or use

hook5 objects (maybe some fog or just a sky texture if it's possible). In some others rooms with hook5 I see texture file like

Room_Gym_backdrop.png or Room_Bath_sky01.dds which seems to be the sky/background texture of these rooms that can

be replaced by a backdrop texture, but their is no such file in the Devil may Cry Office. 

So what method do you think is the best to do that ?

1 hour ago, Exiled_Vizir said:

Hi, I use the Devil May Cry Office room for a sequence, it's great room but the sky or the background in the street outside the office is 

inexistent, this is what I want to do in picture:

Capture2.jpg

So my idea was to fill the black area with some  texture and I would to know what is simple the way to do that, because I don't want

to spent a lot of time on it. I was thinking to modify the add-on directly (but it sounds complex because I never do it) or use

hook5 objects (maybe some fog or just a sky texture if it's possible). In some others rooms with hook5 I see texture file like

Room_Gym_backdrop.png or Room_Bath_sky01.dds which seems to be the sky/background texture of these rooms that can

be replaced by a backdrop texture, but their is no such file in the Devil may Cry Office. 

So what method do you think is the best to do that ?

Here you go.

• Thanks 1

I start to play with the tool and it generates an addon with only the base files and folder. The idea is to populate the add-on with the content of DMC room and to

load the active mod I created and it should display the original room + the hook objects I added? Hook5 will be able to generate a sky box even if it doesn't any

basegame texture to replace?

It should be even simpler in fact: I take the skymap section generated by the tool, paste it in my level definition for the DMC office and the black sky of the

base addon had been replace by the cloudy sky of the test room I made. I will try to recreate the light I had before and it should be good.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Vizir said:

It should be even simpler in fact: I take the skymap section generated by the tool, paste it in my level definition for the DMC office and the black sky of the

base addon had been replace by the cloudy sky of the test room I made. I will try to recreate the light I had before and it should be good.

Its all created to run on Hook5 objects. But all the hook5 objects can also be used in normal rooms. For example the skydomes in this pack can be used. just make them smaller the the original ones.