Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

New h5m converter.

pervokpetr

Posted: July 29, 2019

http://modsgarden.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4184.0;attach=384030;imageimage.png.35ca682ff8c480a7345f71a71f1ed218.png

I thought that I'll finish it today, but caould not. Anyway - I want ask you to test this not finished version, maybe tomorrow I'll finish it, so will be good to know about possible issues.

As you know by my plan I should work with antialiasing functionality in hook, but after I tried enable it in hook I got just black screen...Find out where problem too hard with current state of hook - too complicated rendering process, too many post effects, too many questions. So I decided shoot two targets - rework converter and try antialiasing in more simple app. I successefully enabled antialiasing in converter, and, after reading some nuances and posts from various people in net, I can say that it's not very complicated in such app like converter - only one (base) render target, no any post processing and plus - ForwardRendering. So it just works. In opposite - hook has lot of render targets different size and format, lot of post processing effects and Deferred Shading, which can create a lot of problems. Directx11 antialiasing completely differs from directx9 antialiasing, the things I see (I'm thing that I understood it correct, but maybe not) tell me that it will not be easy in hook.......Had no clue for now how I should proceed all this MSAA surfaces with DeferredLighting and PostProcess, for now I understood only how to enable it in simple forward rendering app....After I finish converter - I'll try antialiasing in hook, I will disable most of rendering code, trying from first steps trace how it will work... if honestly...I'm scared...or better say nervous....

As for converter - the new one more comfotable, has simple IBL implementation( maybe I'll do full like in hook later), support antialiasing (I know, not so important for converter, but read above) and it do TBN calculation FASTER, so once again - test it and tell me how it's going. Converter do not have saving and batching for now - but it's just because I could not finish it yet....

UPDATE:

Converter did not work at all, for all - EXCEPT me. I tried find out reasons, but without success. So I just started new project and moved all code to it. I did it by portions, every time testing how it's works. I want say great thanks to panjabi, norm and pes1972 for helping me with testing. Several hours agao I added last portion of code - and.........everything works fine. If you ask me what was it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfK-QLv27o

This is first time when I faced with such situation. It's the same code, whole code the same...but:
v2_1. did not works for anyone except me, but for me it works just fine, has weight 470 kb
v2_2. this one seems works fine, has weight 910 Kb
 http://modsgarden.cc/Smileys/clabicons/huh.gif
nothing to say more...
I spent last two days for nothing, just copy/past with some not important changes...
I'm still don't understand what caused problem and if problem was so critical, why converter worked on my PC...

Before you will try new converter check readme in archive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2