Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Anyone found a good way to turn torso independent from hip?

McKeu

Is not possible to set rotation (with the rotation manipulator) on some bone that are affected by IK. Those includes the legs, arms, and the spine. 

That is because the effector end always goes after the target and will always overwrite the rotations you want to set with the manipulator.

22 hours ago, McKeu said:

As the title says... anyone has a mod or workaround? The missing rotation manipulator for upper body and/or vertebrae has been pissing me off for years now.

Cheers.

in the pose editor, in spine & body morphs section there is a twist slider, im not sure if that is what u are looking for

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, hfg2 said:

Is not possible to set rotation (with the rotation manipulator) on some bone that are affected by IK. Those includes the legs, arms, and the spine. 

That is because the effector end always goes after the target and will always overwrite the rotations you want to set with the manipulator.

arm can have rotation(forearm and elbow). dp16 added this in f7 repack. When you rotate the elbow, I think it rotates the upper arm thus fixing the weird shoulder look. You know that look when you lift the arm up and it looks like lego. Or when you rotate the hand and the forearm looks twisted.

Yeah, I was more looking for a way to turn the upper body in a different way than the hip. In all the years I have never found a real solution to that problem.

1 hour ago, IIIlll said:

in the pose editor, in spine & body morphs section there is a twist slider, im not sure if that is what u are looking for

I will check that out. Maybe I was just blind.

1 hour ago, IIIlll said:

This is actually exactly it. Has it been there in all versions? I feel extraordinarily stupid now 😄

15 minutes ago, Bbird said:

Yeah, twist is here since TripleX vanilla

:pinky:

I probably borked my last version with some stupid mod. I faintly remember it being in the original 3DSV, but for years I dealt without 😄

On 2/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, ddman2 said:

arm can have rotation(forearm and elbow). dp16 added this in f7 repack. When you rotate the elbow, I think it rotates the upper arm thus fixing the weird shoulder look. You know that look when you lift the arm up and it looks like lego. Or when you rotate the hand and the forearm looks twisted.

What you are saying is correct, but not convinced this is also the "right" way.

First, the forearm is not a part of the IK chain, the IK chain in the game controls 2 bones, that means the shoulder_joint and elbow_joint. The arm is a bit special case because the IK effector here is actually in the tail of the forearm_joint not in the tail of the elbow_joint. This is achieved with a Pivot Translation.

The forearm_joint and wrist_joint are wired so that they copy the orientation of the arm_L_base_locator and arm_R_base_locator, so this is how those joints actually rotate. Yes, if you rotate the manipulator which controls those "locators" you will also rotate the wrist (what you may want)  but also the forearm which might not be desired. In other apps like daz this behavior is corrected with a twist control.

The ugly look of the shoulder in some poses should be fixed/corrected with morphs, but I don't know exactly which pose (that looks like a lego brick) /or issue you mentioned.