Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Hook 5 GUI in Pose Edit Hip + Shift Bug Fix

john374

Just discovered something and thought I would share it with the community. Maybe you knew it already, but I didn't, and it is a huge time saver. If you've ever spent any time in hook gui and then started making a pose, you might have run into this glitch where you can no longer use Hip + Shift to move the entire pose. I think it has something to do with the manipulators in both GUIs being moved at the same time, but I'm not actually entirely sure what causes this. You have to restart the game to fix it. Recently, I accidentally found a solution, which is Shift + Tab, which shows some model collision. I've sometimes seen this shortcut in the game and have never understood it's purpose. In fact, I still don't know it's intended purpose, but by happy coincidence, it fixes the Hip + Shift bug. Here is a short tutorial on the bug in question, and how to fix it. Hope this helps.

Edit: Updated with even better shortcuts.

TK17-158.001 2022-07-12 01-31-58.jpg

TK17-158.001 2022-07-12 01-32-27.jpg

TK17-158.001 2022-07-12 01-32-39a.jpg

TK17-158.001 2022-07-12 01-32-49.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Those squares are "pickers", some hidden geometry that detects your mouse clicks, so the PoseEdit knows on which manipulator element you clicked.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

I usually just toggle the GUI on and off, but whatever works.

I do try to keep the GUIs separate, but it seems that over time, no matter how careful I am, the bug occurs. and i spend a lot of time switching between the two, as i like to add/remove small objects and particles between poses. but i have also had the bug go away randomly, so there may be other ways to fix it.

12 minutes ago, hfg2 said:

Those squares are "pickers", some hidden geometry that detects your mouse clicks, so the PoseEdit knows on which manipulator element you clicked.

then it seems like an unintended consequence.

• Administrator

The bug is definitely a thing. It appears for me on initial launch without even going into the Hook GUI.  I run into it all the time in Windowed mode.  My process is always Press the Windows Key On then off,  then Toggle the GUI off then on again.  That usually fixes everything

9 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

The bug is definitely a thing. It appears for me on initial launch without even going into the Hook GUI.  I run into it all the time in Windowed mode.  My process is always Press the Windows Key On then off,  then Toggle the GUI off then on again.  That usually fixes everything

ah yeah, i run the game in a borderless window so i can interact with my second monitor, so maybe that has something to do with it

7 hours ago, hfg2 said:

But why do you press Shift+Tab, is not enough to press only the Tab key when in PoseEdit mode?

Does Tab work by itself? I had no idea. I'm sure that if HDiddy can use the windows key to the same effect, there are other methods but I have not heard of or tested them.

I've got a an alternative that also works:

Just get out of the hook GUI and hit Q. This deselect anything you have selected and restores the hability to use the shift+hip combination.

I found it by accident a few months ago and works every time.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SovietTiger said:

I've got a an alternative that also works:

Just get out of the hook GUI and hit Q. This deselect anything you have selected and restores the hability to use the shift+hip combination.

I found it by accident a few months ago and works every time.

Another happy coincidence. I should update the OP.

• Agree 1

• Administrator

Quite an interesting thread has happened here, one can find out how different people deal with this problem that we all have sometimes 🙂

For me, it was pressing F11 (or F12, I'm not sure) and initiating a shader recompilation, but that takes a while and can crash the game in a particularly unlucky case 🙂 It usually works, however. The problem itself is caused by (I believe) the Hook hooking the Shift key and refusing to let go of it sometimes.

for about a year now, i've been trying to keep all my hook and pose editing seperate, and then restarting when i got the bug, but there were solutions all along 😩

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, john374 said:

for about a year now, i've been trying to keep all my hook and pose editing seperate, and then restarting when i got the bug, but there were solutions all along 😩

That's why we are here, my good comrade. To help each other, the lolz and the customized fap time!

• Haha 1

After you close h5 GUI, pose edit functionality is limited. You can't select body parts with Alt+click, can't hold Shift to move hole body, etc. You can press a number of keys to restore Pose Edit to normal. I bind F4+Enter on a mouse button, for example.

I think this happens because h5 selection functionality, where you can select objects and spotlights, doesn't close properly. You can observe the same bug when h5 GUI is open: can't use shift, select body parts etc.

ALT+R, F11 or restarting the game is not needed.