Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Copy and re-use specific part of an pose to create new one

pes1972

Hi,

I want to make a new pose of a specific part of an existing pose. If i try to copy the part i want and then create new pose and paste what I copied the models are flying around everywhere so not working. Is there a way to copy lets say frame 300-330 from a pose and make only that part a new pose with the models behaving correctly? There are no connected parts so that´s not the issue.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated

The way that I solve this is to copy the FIRST frame ONLY to a new pose and then save it. Then I go back to the pose that has the parts that I want to copy and select the frame range that I want. Then go back to the newly created pose and paste the range, making sure to overwrite the first frame.

This may seem to be extra work and there may be a better way, but I've gotten used to this method.

Edited by irvintib

The only other way that I have know to make a pose range work in a new pose is to go to the first frame of the range that you want to copy ( in your case it would be 300) and make sure that EVERYTHING in the pose editor menu on the left is checked. That will ensure that every body part has a starting position. You have to do this with each model in the scene before copying.

If anyone has an easier way, I'd be open to listening.

Edited by irvintib

• Administrator

The way I do this is similar but different.  First off you need to make sure you clear the clipboard in TK17.  You need to do this as the game holds a separate copy/paste buffer for males and females. Meaning if you copied male frames from a previous pose, than copied female frames from another, when you paste both the female and male frames will be added (If it is a 2 actor pose).  If you know you never copied anything from a male model or vice versa you don't have to worry.

So....

I first copy the first key frame of a random innocuous frame for the model I want to clear like a disables emotion frame.

Then I load the pose up I want frames for say the female from and use the Key Editor to select the specific body or face frames I want. So if I want just facial expressions and mouth movements I can just the frames in that section.

Next I go to the pose I want to add it to and select where in the timeline I want to put it and simply do a paste or Cntrl V.  This will now paste just the frames I selected into the scene without messing up any other frames.

• Thumbs Up 1

Depends on how you copy the keys.  The key editor window and timeline copy/paste use different buffers.  You have to copy/paste using either one only.  Also the receiving pose you should delete (not cut) all keys in the range first before pasting or some leftover keys might interfere.  It also depends on the model key locations in the room.  If the ones you're pasting are from a different area or even room then you might be in trouble.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MrOllyK said:

Depends on how you copy the keys.  The key editor window and timeline copy/paste use different buffers.  You have to copy/paste using either one only.  Also the receiving pose you should delete (not cut) all keys in the range first before pasting or some leftover keys might interfere.  It also depends on the model key locations in the room.  If the ones you're pasting are from a different area or even room then you might be in trouble.

I have found if I copy keys from the key editor I can paste them fine in the timeline with no issue. So not sure if they are using two separate buffers or if there is some prioritizing taken place.  What I do know is that each model has a seperate copy/paste buffer as this has screwed me one too many times in the past.

3 hours ago, HDiddy said:

I have found if I copy keys from the key editor I can paste them fine in the timeline with no issue. So not sure if they are using two separate buffers or if there is some prioritizing taken place.  What I do know is that each model has a seperate copy/paste buffer as this has screwed me one too many times in the past.

I've had a couple problems with it in the past so I just made a habit of doing things this way.  The buffer per model hasn't bothered me but loading every pose model 2 is selected by default, minor annoyance but that's screwed me on many occasions.

One piece of advice i just figured out and thought was worth sharing.   I often create transition poses between two others I am looking to combine, as I attempt to make it look more like to continuous scene in the sequencer.  The problem being you start the new transition pose with the end of the pose 1 (copy / paste all) that has a key frame for every part and end the new transition pose with the start of pose 2 that also has a key frame for every part.    The net result is where you manipulate a body part, those parts move fine but anything you didn't touch may start moving through the duration of the new transition pose giving you weird results. 

I fixed this by copying the first full frame (from pose 1) to something just before the end and then copied over the same frame with just the key frames / body parts that I used in the transition.

That should stop random body parts moving that you didn't want.   (If that makes sense.....)