Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Ideas please

VeritasLex

Hello.
The following problem...I have created an apartment now bothers me that when you look out the window you see only black or stop the sky.
Now I wanted to make a city as a background have also found in the H5 folder a few things but I do not like them so...have also found panorama but that moves with when I move the camera and there is no day and night.

Do you have any idea how I can get the feeling that my apartment is in a city?

What room did you use?
Check either Backdrop room 248...

Or Avarteas Room (check list here:) 

Then open H5 menu, add a Skybox from an existing .dds  from H5data/envmaps or edit your lvl_definition and add

skybox_enable = true
skybox_cubemap =_hook5data\envmaps\cityday.dds   <- ---your sky image here

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Sexvision said:

You could make a plain in blender and stick a picture on it from a city and convert that as a hookobject.

This is probably the simplest method.

• Administrator

If this is a H5 Object room you just need a blank room with a SkyDome. The SkyDomes we use for VX Rooms are perfect spheres so this usually will allow you do add and HDRI you find online with the 2048 x 4096 dimensions to be used.

You can use this:

It is just a flat plain that splits a Sky Dome.  You can use any texture you want for the plain...by default it is a grass texture and all the HDRI's here will work for this room:

9 hours ago, Sexvision said:

You could make a plain in blender and stick a picture on it from a city and convert that as a hookobject.

I have unfortunately no idea about Blender, I had tried it once but already after the start I was overwhelmed. 😅

10 hours ago, Bbird said:

What room did you use?
Check either Backdrop room 248...

Or Avarteas Room (check list here:) 

Then open H5 menu, add a Skybox from an existing .dds  from H5data/envmaps or edit your lvl_definition and add

skybox_enable = true
skybox_cubemap =_hook5data\envmaps\cityday.dds   <- ---your sky image here

I use this room from: @Sexvision

8 hours ago, HDiddy said:

If this is a H5 Object room you just need a blank room with a SkyDome. The SkyDomes we use for VX Rooms are perfect spheres so this usually will allow you do add and HDRI you find online with the 2048 x 4096 dimensions to be used.

You can use this:

It is just a flat plain that splits a Sky Dome.  You can use any texture you want for the plain...by default it is a grass texture and all the HDRI's here will work for this room:

That doesn't work either, they also move with the camera.

I read through this and thought this might interest you guys; this is the resource I use since I love having a city in the background/out the window. Sometimes a flat image of a city can look cool in a certain shot or two, but since I came across this I can't get enough! This great mod includes a hook 5 city object that I import into almost any room I have with a window in it. I'm not sure if its originally from this mod or featured in other rooms etc, but its where I came across it. You can scale it, rotate it, move it how you like. And you can also set the glow function for cool night shots. Hopefully this works for you @VeritasLex :] If you have questions or want examples hit me up, I'll try to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, dirtnap said:

I read through this and thought this might interest you guys; this is the resource I use since I love having a city in the background/out the window. Sometimes a flat image of a city can look cool in a certain shot or two, but since I came across this I can't get enough! This great mod includes a hook 5 city object that I import into almost any room I have with a window in it. I'm not sure if its originally from this mod or featured in other rooms etc, but its where I came across it. You can scale it, rotate it, move it how you like. And you can also set the glow function for cool night shots. Hopefully this works for you @VeritasLex :] If you have questions or want examples hit me up, I'll try to help.

Yeah that will also work but will cost you 20fps. UrbanSprawl is the file dirtnap is talking about.

The file does look good though 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1