Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Tombstones as Hook5 Objects or Toy Objects

Zer0

Question

Looking for some tombstones of all shapes and sizes akin to the ones in room 374 Lost Temple so I can populate the grounds a bit more, I do have my own attempt at making one as a Hook 5 object but no matter what I do it's all shiny for some silly reason. (I can provide this if someone can maybe have a look and see where I've went wrong).

18 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Zer0 said:

Oh awesome thank you ^^

Hmm, I'd say a bunch of the ones on the 3rd pic (Old Grave Stones) are sorta
what am looking for, in particular the 5th from the right bottom row if you would be so kind.

Here's the ones I bought off artstation, I could get them into tk17 but whatever I done made them super glossy XD https://mega.nz/folder/pRVCyZaZ#8oNJaCuR4K9PrpDGvLYhjQ

tombstone_01.jpg

Did you add a spec map for the h5m file? Without, things get very shiny. try adding a completely black pic as spec map. That should kill all gloss. Alternatively use a tool like ShaderMap to generate the normal and spec maps.

Simply name it the same as your base diffuse texture for the gravestone, but add the suffix "_spec" to the file name. Hook5 should pick it up automatically.

Same you can do with a normal map, if you want to make one (just don't make that one all black 😄 ), and just add _norm. put those in the same folder as your h5m and base texture. Should work. You might need to restart the game to see the effects. I noticed that simple Alt + R and reloading the object is not really enough, when it comes to h5ms.

P.S.: I will make you a couple of the old gravestones, then. Making only one is counterproductive with a single shared 30 MB UV map, plus normal and spec, if you get my gist.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zer0 said:

Looking for some tombstones of all shapes and sizes akin to the ones in room 374 Lost Temple so I can populate the grounds a bit more, I do have my own attempt at making one as a Hook 5 object but no matter what I do it's all shiny for some silly reason. (I can provide this if someone can maybe have a look and see where I've went wrong).

I do own this pack here, so I could probably make you some tombstones h5ms in the run of the day. Just let me know which ones would interest you.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/exterior/historic/old-cemetery-pack

Other than that @Sexvision might already have some as objects stashed somewhere.

Edit: I assume your shininess comes from a messed up spec map or missing diffuse. You need a diffuse (regular texture), and optionally a norm, and spec texture file alongside your h5m. Without a diffuse, it will be loaded without texture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zer0 said:

There is a gracestome in this pack

• Thumbs Up 2

I am also working on turning some of the graves into h5m. Will take me some hours, though. Good thing is they all use the same UV diffuse and normal map. That saves some effort and space, and you can add tons of them into the game, as they share the same texture 😄

I have to reduce the texture size from 8k to 4k, which will result in loss of detail on each grave and gravestone.

Capture.JPG

13 hours ago, McKeu said:

I do own this pack here, so I could probably make you some tombstones h5ms in the run of the day. Just let me know which ones would interest you.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/exterior/historic/old-cemetery-pack

Other than that @Sexvision might already have some as objects stashed somewhere.

Oh awesome thank you ^^

Hmm, I'd say a bunch of the ones on the 3rd pic (Old Grave Stones) are sorta
what am looking for, in particular the 5th from the right bottom row if you would be so kind.

Here's the ones I bought off artstation, I could get them into tk17 but whatever I done made them super glossy XD https://mega.nz/folder/pRVCyZaZ#8oNJaCuR4K9PrpDGvLYhjQ

tombstone_01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, McKeu said:

Did you add a spec map for the h5m file? Without, things get very shiny. try adding a completely black pic as spec map. That should kill all gloss. Alternatively use a tool like ShaderMap to generate the normal and spec maps.

Simply name it the same as your base diffuse texture for the gravestone, but add the suffix "_spec" to the file name. Hook5 should pick it up automatically.

Same you can do with a normal map, if you want to make one (just don't make that one all black 😄 ), and just add _norm. put those in the same folder as your h5m and base texture. Should work. You might need to restart the game to see the effects. I noticed that simple Alt + R and reloading the object is not really enough, when it comes to h5ms.

P.S.: I will make you a couple of the old gravestones, then. Making only one is counterproductive with a single shared 30 MB UV map, plus normal and spec, if you get my gist.

Oh yeah of course, was more that one specifically was what I liked out of them, any more is a bonus and didn't want to be like "aye all of them" XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zer0 said:

Oh yeah of course, was more that one specifically was what I liked out of them, any more is a bonus and didn't want to be like "aye all of them" XD

No prob. I am still working for a couple of hours, then I can start on them, so you will have them today in the run of the evening (EET).

Did you try the spec map stuff for your gravestone?

52 minutes ago, McKeu said:

No prob. I am still working for a couple of hours, then I can start on them, so you will have them today in the run of the evening (EET).

Did you try the spec map stuff for your gravestone?

Still blackish and shiny but I imagine I've mucked something up.

atm in terms of textures in the folder I have:
tombstone_02_low_Top_BaseColor.png
tombstone_02_low_Top_Norm.png
tombstone_02_low_Top_spec.png
tombstone_02_low_base_BaseColor.png
tombstone_02_low_base_Norm.png
tombstone_02_low_base_spec.png (both specs just completely black)

11 minutes ago, Zer0 said:

Still blackish and shiny but I imagine I've mucked something up.

atm in terms of textures in the folder I have:
tombstone_02_low_Top_BaseColor.png
tombstone_02_low_Top_Norm.png
tombstone_02_low_Top_spec.png
tombstone_02_low_base_BaseColor.png
tombstone_02_low_base_Norm.png
tombstone_02_low_base_spec.png (both specs just completely black)

Well, if you want, just wrap me up your object, texture and mtl and I can see what went wrong. One thing I already see is the _BaseColor suffix. That won't work with how the other maps are named, They need same name, except the others need suffix _spec and _norm, unless you specified otherwise in the mtl.

So, for example tombstone_02_low_Top_BaseColor_norm.png. I am not sure how well hook5 deals with that many underscores, though.

I would keep the names simple and redo the h5m. Like Tombstone02Top.png, Tombstone02Top_norm.png and Tombstone02Top_spec.png

Pretty sure @Sexvision would have a thing or two to say about that 🙂

Romanian friend was teaching me their swear expressions once, and one really stuck with me. it went something like "futut scruchi matti" and i was told it meant "fuck your mothers gravestone" . You guys are bringing a whole new meaning to this expression 😄 

11 minutes ago, IIIlll said:

Romanian friend was teaching me their swear expressions once, and one really stuck with me. it went something like "futut scruchi matti" and i was told it meant "fuck your mothers gravestone" . You guys are bringing a whole new meaning to this expression 😄 

Oh yeah... fututi whatever matii is widely used over here and can be filled up with anything. Your mother's Easter, her dead relatives, her grave, you name it:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mortii ma-tii

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, McKeu said:

Well, if you want, just wrap me up your object, texture and mtl and I can see what went wrong. One thing I already see is the _BaseColor suffix. That won't work with how the other maps are named, They need same name, except the others need suffix _spec and _norm, unless you specified otherwise in the mtl.

So, for example tombstone_02_low_Top_BaseColor_norm.png. I am not sure how well hook5 deals with that many underscores, though.

I would keep the names simple and redo the h5m. Like Tombstone02Top.png, Tombstone02Top_norm.png and Tombstone02Top_spec.png

if the fiels are not specified in the mtl file you will indeed need to name the norm and spec maps the same as the diffuse texture with the extention _norm or _spec. this will also override the mtl file set maps.

Try to avoid using all black and all white as this will affect the alpha channel. 128,128, 0 on the rgb scale will give a good base you can modify with the metalic hook settings but there still will be shine.

For a gravestone use 0,51,0 rgb would be my settings i think. 0 for no shine on the red channel, 20% of 255 (full green) will have a dark green for the rough channel, 0 for the glow channel.

Dont set the alpha channel on your hook object as this will also make the object brigther.

Some objects have baked textures with some shine settings on them. in that case you will need to retexture to get the shine off.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, McKeu said:

Kl kl, I've added a zip to the megalink I previously commented, that contains the obj, mtl and h5m files alongwith the textures

Aye oddly if I remove the BaseColor from the name then the object renders in without any texture 😕

3 minutes ago, McKeu said:

Danke Shoen ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zer0 said:

Aye oddly if I remove the BaseColor from the name then the object renders in without any texture

That is not so odd, because the base texture name was set in stone in the mtl file. You will need to recook the h5m with the new name.

18 minutes ago, Zer0 said:

ahhhh

Yes, it is very important, before you start cooking the h5m, that you have all the textures, the obj and the mtl in the same folder. Then you check the mtl file in a text editor. There you will see the name of your base texture and maybe even a path to it. You need to remove the path, so that only the texture name remains. That name will be the name the game works with. If you rename your main texture after, it will stop working. If your object consists of more than one mesh, you will have more entries for the base texture there. One for each mesh. You need to fix them all.

The info from both the obj and the mtl are cooked into the h5m and cannot be changed anymore, unless you redo the h5m.

You do not need to specify any spec or normal maps there, as hook5 will automatically look for the base texture name + _norm or _spec