Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

New Otaku

IIIlll

So i wana make a retexture of the Otaku room, but first I started cleaning it up 😄  I removed some textures for the garbage bags the bottles and the TV dinners, but the shadows are left/ Does anyone have an idea how i can remove the shadows?

The Klub 17-0545_1.jpg

The Klub 17-0546_1.jpg

The Klub 17-0547_1.jpg

The Klub 17-0548_1.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator

Could be a couple reason, the shadows could be burned onto the textures, that is why they are appearing. So try creating new textures. There can also be a lightmap in play. So you have to disable that. And this may be the most complex, but you will have to fix the lighting/ create new lighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This looks similar to the 3DCG House, where the shadows are part of the room texture sheets (like a combined lightmap)

I don't have this room, but if you want to send me the original, I'll have a look for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is a bit odd...

I've had a look, and I don't have any main shadows at all (see screen) - are you using Hook?  I don't and that could be the problem here.

The only shadows I found are for some small scattered items, and that is texture 'R9ZRoom281_Object030'.

Sorry but I don't think I can help with this one  😐

ScreenCap_01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lol that actually fixes all my R9Z rooms, they were sso dark by default, cus im guessing they all dont have hook light maps so there is only one light source that come from the outside 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IIIlll said:

The texture files are shred with other assets, I attached the modified files

The room is here

This link is just to the base addon file, and any edits you do to it will not be able to maximize your Hook5 settings.

Make an activemod version of the room, and create (or copy) a _levdef file for the room. That way you can play with the all benefits of Hook5. 

So, in a more ideal situation for your retex you would need an activemod enabled folder of the textures found in the .7z/.zip file. Which can be found if you unzip the file, and then go to Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\Room\R9ZRoom281. There you can copy the R9ZRoom281 folder, and place it in your activemod folder. If the addon has been enabled for activemod textures, then you can begin to edit away while the game is running to see the changes in real time. (F4, then reload to see your hook objects interact with the room's light source)  Removing (or renaming) the .txf files would be what you'd want to do to remove those sort of baked in shadows. Also, replacing the texture files of the objects you want removed overwriting the files with a blank .png file, and then delete/rename the .txf files to have the object completely disappear. 

I usually only play with the PoseEditor, and I hope that this helps, because I only fiddled with a few rooms in the past and this is what I've learned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will need a active mod folder of the room for this. and the table need to have its own texture.

Find the texture in your active mod folder for the yail and make the texture for the table 100% transparant will do it.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 8:18 PM, IIIlll said:

So i wana make a retexture of the Otaku room, but first I started cleaning it up 😄  I removed some textures for the garbage bags the bottles and the TV dinners, but the shadows are left/ Does anyone have an idea how i can remove the shadows?

Using empty textures and setting the .txf files to transparent also do the trick sometimes.