Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Morphs!

Smoke

Morphs........  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys use morphs?

• No - I don't like them. Its too hard!
    • Yes - I love them! Makes the addon 1000000 times better!
  2. 2. If you use Morphs, what do you perfer?

• I love all of them!
    • I perfer PE morphs over static/latex morphs and customization Morphs
    • I perfer static/latex morphs over PE morphs and customizationmorphs
    • I perfer customization morphs over PE morphs and static/latex morphs
  3. 3. If you don't, why?

• I'm still stuck in 1975, still using 7.5
    • I would use morphs but I use sequencer and morphs don't work there
    • Eh, I just don't like them
    • Actually I do use morphs, lolz

• Administrator

Ok - I'm curious, do people 'use' morphs? Personally, I use them. Seen a few people use them and display them. Though not alot of people showing it off. As a creator, I've seen the ups and downs of both static and PE morphs. Though personally, I'd rather find that balance in which I can use both options without creating issues with the addon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

I use all of them - but PE only ones that have logic to be animated. Customizer ones are used more with intention to shape the mesh. Considering there is a hard cap on PE morphs, they need to be picked more carefully.

BTW, third question is mandatory here, and there is no fitting answer from my side on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, x17 said:

I use all of them - but PE only ones that have logic to be animated. Customizer ones are used more with intention to shape the mesh. Considering there is a hard cap on PE morphs, they need to be picked more carefully.

BTW, third question is mandatory here, and there is no fitting answer from my side on it.

lol I see that. Yea, I tweaked the polls a bit. Question 3 is a bit more "loose" now.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I understand there're two weak points in morphs, weights and normals.

When morphs change the shape of an object the weights and normals don't follow, that can produce major visual glitches. So I may prefer combination of multiple static meshes, and morphs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I use them, but I don't think I'm going for the full potential of those. Somehow, scripting and tracking those looks complicated over the stock clothes/body so those morphs dont get full love as they should.

Hi, to me PE morphes are pretty neat because you can add cool clothes moves that make better poses and animations, even if it would even better to have some automatic move (even simple like boobs and ass motions when the inertia is enable) but it must not be very feasible by mods. The customization morph are great also but I feel like they are here mainly to overide the problems we can have with bodymods and the base game clothe system. For static/latex morphs maybe I use them without knowing them it, because I was not aware of them before I read this topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
On 2/3/2023 at 9:53 PM, Driver said:

As I understand there're two weak points in morphs, weights and normals.

When morphs change the shape of an object the weights and normals don't follow, that can produce major visual glitches. So I may prefer combination of multiple static meshes, and morphs.

With normals, it depends how the addon was made. There are 2 ways you can addon. You can toggle the double layer and blender/CTK auto fixes it OR you can do it the old way and create a duplicate, invert norms (though by duplicating it, you are making the file a heavy as you are doubling the vertices within the file and making the file a bit bigger.

But the biggest weak point is weights for when the addon shift location. Though I have decided to take a simpler approach; which is small movements for bigger results. I try not to shift anything too much and will try to keep it close to their weights location.

Static morphs are not bad. My only issue is that the file gets bloated. And creating certain static morphs for morphs that can be achieved through PE/customization tab is a waste of time IMO. For example: Boob flashing Left, right, and to a lower extent, up and down, the weights location do not move a lot and 90% is the same result.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

But the biggest weak point is weights for when the addon shift location. Though I have decided to take a simpler approach; which is small movements for bigger results. I try not to shift anything too much and will try to keep it close to their weights location.

For large movements, I use alternate meshes, even though that drives up the size of the add-on - it's the only way to solve the weight problem. I would use this, but in moderation. The reason why I would be careful with it is rather that users forget that the "options" exist, also because you can't rename them.

I might be in favor of a common standard for a symbol in the icon that indicates morphs and options.

I love morphs, but I do know for a fact that they make the game bug or just crash, but I'm willing to take the risk.

I do enjoy all the types of morphs, but I much prefer the static ones which you can just use in game, on/off, they're the simpler ones.

I also use the morph tab ones, but these are more trouble: to begin with, there's way too many new buttons added. I do enjoy the costumisation, but it's a pain to scroll down to find the morph of that one cloth piece, besides that it's just a pain, when you undress and put it back on, the settings are gone and you need to reset them.

The morphs in the PoseEditor, in all honesty, they're nice, but havn't really used them. Creating a specific morph for one piece of clothing is a bit much.

I really wish there were morphs for all the basic clothes, it would need to be fast & effective buttons, as few as possible. The one in Particular that I wish existed, being a big boob guy, a couple of buttons to adapt the chest clothing. Like size control, up/down, sides. In some cases there's some trouble with the hips or the ass, a leg morph would fix issues with DP add-ons, those legs used on that body are very specific.

• Agree 1

• Administrator
On 2/9/2023 at 4:36 AM, Drahzar said:

I love morphs, but I do know for a fact that they make the game bug or just crash, but I'm willing to take the risk.

No and yes. I'll be honest here, there are several methods to get the option/latex working. It worked in 7.5 and it worked in VX.

VX simply "trimmed" the fat (in this case, excessive coding). But in doing so, several of those method was nulled or limited it functionality and only 1 method was worked (which I would say is the 'real' way for VX).

Now, documentation is either messy or missing. I blame this on the former MG leadership in which they never bothered to explain anything. My theory is that they didn't know what they unlocked and expected the community to step but like I said many time, they never communicated properly and they often shunned those wanting to help.

As to it being here, I have been meaning to create some documentations but haven't done so as I'm doing other projects.

dp16 is good example of his way of doing it. His method is 'unique' as its a mixture of 7.5, VX and his own little twist. So it can or not work properly. Hence on we saying, to use dp16 repacked game to use his stuff. Bringing it to VX, can or cannot work.

So the crashes can be using bad coding and/or bad optimization. I'll admit that I used outdated coding for much of my early VX work. Now that I completely phased 7.5 out, and messed with VX more. I have a better understanding. Hence or why I "redo" my stuff.

Bad optimization is another cause: Again, early noobs will not understand this and they DO NOT want to admit that they are doing it wrong but they are.

On 2/9/2023 at 4:36 AM, Drahzar said:

I also use the morph tab ones, but these are more trouble: to begin with, there's way too many new buttons added. I do enjoy the costumisation, but it's a pain to scroll down to find the morph of that one cloth piece, besides that it's just a pain, when you undress and put it back on, the settings are gone and you need to reset them.

This is the result of shit getting out of hand. But again, with no really guide, documentation, or proper explanation, this is what happens when 'they' say; figure it out for yourself.

Looking at this, I believe it is possible to eliminate this issue BUT requires the creator(s) to adopt a personalized universal system in which other creators can also create and use. But the problem is that, getting people involved and creating a default method that creators MUST follow and abide by - but at the end, some people just don't like being told what do to.

I absolutely love morphs specifically PE morphs, I mostly create screenshots for comics, so morphs give much needed life to screenshots. I have not noticed a huge performance problem that some people have mentioned, but even if that is the case it is worth it because some scenes would be impossible to create without morphs and it just adds much needed realism.