Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Pose location discussion

john374

so my dream room, if i ever get around to making it, is one that has multiple locations for every type of pose. usually, i like to make all my poses in the pose editor, then use a base room because i know it will use the floor, sofa, chair, table, wall, and possibly the crucifix as they were intended. i liked some replacer mods from 7.5 that added pose locations to these rooms, and it was incompatible with hair sizer. now, i assume those rooms no longer work, of course, and i realize the amount of pose locations in the base rooms is actually rather limited. i know that editing poses in individual rooms gives you more location options, but why doe the pose editor not take those locations into account? it really should.

my favorite rooms dont really make good use of the pose editor either. paris apartment does not really do sofa poses well, and room 234 does not allow a certain pose. it is tempting to make copies of poses in order to be able to use them in all my favorite spots, but also, there are too many poses as it is. this has long been an issue for me with rooms. and sometimes, i feel like there are too many locations, and i prefer a simpler room. i only just used seaside apartment, but its small area combined with lots of location types, has it at the top of my list for new favorites.

anyways, what are your guy's opinions on pose locations? do you like lots of locations or something simpler? how do you feel about the pose editor? do you prefer free poses (any type works anywhere) or locked poses (chair poses go in chair locations, ect.)? do you prefer to just make your own poses?

I make all my own poses (currently around 700), most of them 32 seconds long as that's what they always allowed back when I was using the commercial version around 2014.  Some base rooms have typically useless positions, others are pretty good.  The Pose Editor does take some locations into account, but loading and then saving that pose in a different room obviously changes that again.  Poses can be moved to a different area of the room in Pose Edit and Sequencer, also TKX Utilities allows many more functions besides.  Adding positions to a room means editing the room Scene file plus others and isn't for the uninitiated.  Changing existing positions is similar, but slightly easier as the positions already exist.  Changing positions in rooms without editing the room Scene file:

In Pose Edit:

- CTRL + (<-- / --> and up/down arrows) to rotate pose on centre axis.
- ALT + PG-UP / PG-DN or ALT + <-- / --> and arrow up/down to shift pose
without rotation.
- Hold SHFT as well to do the above in finer increments.

Beware - current camera angle determines at what angle up/down/left/right
the pose will be shifted/rotated.  The "floor" doesn't really exist.

New position will not be saved with the pose using this method.  Can use
"All-Model Manipulating" widget in Pose Edit and moving a model's hip
manipulator to move all models as-is and position will be saved.

NOTE: Rotating multi-frame animated poses will suffer a mismatch in bodypart
direction. Use TKX Utilities instead.  Single-frame poses unaffected.

In Sequencer:

- Press "." to get into Exclusive Mode first then use above.
- Left-click on the screen to move pose roughly to mouse pointer location.
Takes practice and doesn't work in Pose Edit.  Right-click to exit the mode.

New position will be saved with the sequence, but not in the pose file.
Right-click on the moved pose in the timeline and you can copy the
position and rotation.  Right-click on another pose and you can paste
rotation, position or both.  To remove the new position from the pose,
replace the pose again using Sexbrowser pose load/selector as normal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, john374 said:

anyways, what are your guy's opinions on pose locations? do you like lots of locations or something simpler? how do you feel about the pose editor? do you prefer free poses (any type works anywhere) or locked poses (chair poses go in chair locations, ect.)? do you prefer to just make your own poses?

I use VX mostly as a toolset to create virtual photo shoots. The result is a static screenshot (like the two examples below). That's why I don't really care for pose locations or animations. The pose I use for that one specific screenshot is exactly fine-tuned to that specific shot, the camera angle, these models and the used lighting. Takes 2-3 hours to create one screenshot because of all that editing and I most likely won't use that pose again or anywhere else. Yes, I often start with an existing pose as base. But I can and will freely move and edit the pose to my liking for the specific shot and the models. The devil is in the details here (especially facial expressions!)... Use other models, lighting or camera angle and everything looks completely different (usually really bad).

22 hours ago, MrOllyK said:

I make all my own poses (currently around 700), most of them 32 seconds long as that's what they always allowed back when I was using the commercial version around 2014.  Some base rooms have typically useless positions, others are pretty good.  The Pose Editor does take some locations into account, but loading and then saving that pose in a different room obviously changes that again.  Poses can be moved to a different area of the room in Pose Edit and Sequencer, also TKX Utilities allows many more functions besides.  Adding positions to a room means editing the room Scene file plus others and isn't for the uninitiated.  Changing existing positions is similar, but slightly easier as the positions already exist.  Changing positions in rooms without editing the room Scene file:

In Pose Edit:

- CTRL + (<-- / --> and up/down arrows) to rotate pose on centre axis.
- ALT + PG-UP / PG-DN or ALT + <-- / --> and arrow up/down to shift pose
without rotation.
- Hold SHFT as well to do the above in finer increments.

Beware - current camera angle determines at what angle up/down/left/right
the pose will be shifted/rotated.  The "floor" doesn't really exist.

New position will not be saved with the pose using this method.  Can use
"All-Model Manipulating" widget in Pose Edit and moving a model's hip
manipulator to move all models as-is and position will be saved.

NOTE: Rotating multi-frame animated poses will suffer a mismatch in bodypart
direction. Use TKX Utilities instead.  Single-frame poses unaffected.

In Sequencer:

- Press "." to get into Exclusive Mode first then use above.
- Left-click on the screen to move pose roughly to mouse pointer location.
Takes practice and doesn't work in Pose Edit.  Right-click to exit the mode.

New position will be saved with the sequence, but not in the pose file.
Right-click on the moved pose in the timeline and you can copy the
position and rotation.  Right-click on another pose and you can paste
rotation, position or both.  To remove the new position from the pose,
replace the pose again using Sexbrowser pose load/selector as normal.

that reminds me, i had a script that added those keyboard shortcuts in 7.5. it was the ones youre mentioning or they were similiar and it allowed for small incremental movement of a pose in free mode. is there a way to do this in xv in free mode? i use freemod because it allows you to keep the pose browser open and quickly switch between poses.

1 hour ago, john374 said:

that reminds me, i had a script that added those keyboard shortcuts in 7.5. it was the ones youre mentioning or they were similiar and it allowed for small incremental movement of a pose in free mode. is there a way to do this in xv in free mode? i use freemod because it allows you to keep the pose browser open and quickly switch between poses.

Yes they do.. :classic_biggrin:  You won't be able to save any of the rotated/moved pose positions in Freemode afterwards but it works.

• Thanks 1

Hello, can anyone please tell me, how can I Change the standard pose locations or create create New standard pose locations?

I'm asking this because I noticed that in UPDATE M,the standard pose locations of some rooms(like the back alley)  where not the same as in UPDATE R, I wana sonething like that, but I don't know how.

• Eye Roll 1