Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Poses male model collapsed spine

eekamousse

1 hour ago, eekamousse said:

On some downloaded poses i have this weird issue that one of the models, usually the male, is completely distorted, like it is folded in half. 

Why is this? i tried modifying the spine etc but to no avail.

Change the hip rotation, that normally fixes it

If they're old 7.5 poses you might get that problem a lot.  Although VX is capable of converting such old poses and fixing a few things, you can always do it with TKX Utilities -> Local Poses tab -> Pose Tools -> V7.5 Orca Export which should help remove old code in poses that's no longer supported. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, eekamousse said:

Thanks! Can i ask what is the pose from your avatar? 🙂

Always made all my own poses.  Have been doing so since around 2014.  Pose used in avatar is here:

Pose_0676.7z

Note that your models will not fit perfectly as body sizes and meshes are not default, but with a bit of adjustment you can make it work.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, MrOllyK said:

Always made all my own poses.  Have been doing so since around 2014.  Pose used in avatar is here:

Pose_0676.7z 25.62 kB · 0 downloads

Note that your models will not fit perfectly as body sizes and meshes are not default, but with a bit of adjustment you can make it work.

Wow thanks a lot, looks very nice 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I've had this a few times, usually the maker left the spine manipulators in a weird spot, the hip may be a factor that fixes it, but not always.

You gota fix the spine, I usually do this by resetting each spine value back to 0, not that this needs to be done for the entire pose, for each loop. Basically reset the first line, then copy to other loops. check the back manipulators, if it's not the spine, it's something else in the back. To avoid this, when I make poses myself from scratch I try to leave the spine as intact as possible.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Drahzar said:

I've had this a few times, usually the maker left the spine manipulators in a weird spot, the hip may be a factor that fixes it, but not always.

You gota fix the spine, I usually do this by resetting each spine value back to 0, not that this needs to be done for the entire pose, for each loop. Basically reset the first line, then copy to other loops. check the back manipulators, if it's not the spine, it's something else in the back. To avoid this, when I make poses myself from scratch I try to leave the spine as intact as possible.

This occurs mainly for poses that were done in v 7.5 for users that used the Orca mod (which is a lot of damn people).  WHen the Orca Mod got built into the VX version, my assumption is that it didn't get built exactly like in 7.5 causing the collapse of the spine. @MrOllyK's fix above is probably the best way to fix it. It is also basically what the automatic pose converter in VX does (poorly IMO).

2 hours ago, HDiddy said:

This occurs mainly for poses that were done in v 7.5 for users that used the Orca mod (which is a lot of damn people).  WHen the Orca Mod got built into the VX version, my assumption is that it didn't get built exactly like in 7.5 causing the collapse of the spine. @MrOllyK's fix above is probably the best way to fix it. It is also basically what the automatic pose converter in VX does (poorly IMO).

I remember when Avarteas was writing the "Convert 7.5 Poses" routine and apparently he was in contact with the author of TKX Utilities.  His main dilemma was his conversion routines were too slow.  I told him instead of decrypting and decoding the pose files to text, parse, recode etc., he should simply decrypt, parse etc.  Do it all in binary as TKX Utils does which would be WAY faster as Blex decoding to text and back is the bottleneck.  Seems he took my advice as he didn't return a problem with it but something might still be AWOL in there.

The main Orca stuff is basically the fluids such as pee, lactate etc.  But one thing sticks out in "Binaries\tracks.ini":

1, 27,    Anim:Model01:spine_poseBlend_a_spine_bend_forward,    0, BlendControl.Weight, 0, 0, 0

That's Pose Edit "Head Forward 2" key which was put in some time around VXB2 0.73 and morphs all the spine keys.  Not sure how but there might be a clash between it and the spine keys from V7.5 and early VX before that mod, probably due to differences in anim01.bs.  Notably I've found a few anomalies in that file, current version too.  So there could have been a change in later anim01.bs that's not compatible with the current pose conversion routines.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, MrOllyK said:

I remember when Avarteas was writing the "Convert 7.5 Poses" routine and apparently he was in contact with the author of TKX Utilities.  His main dilemma was his conversion routines were too slow.  I told him instead of decrypting and decoding the pose files to text, parse, recode etc., he should simply decrypt, parse etc.  Do it all in binary as TKX Utils does which would be WAY faster as Blex decoding to text and back is the bottleneck.  Seems he took my advice as he didn't return a problem with it but something might still be AWOL in there.

I don't think he took your advice fully.  It is still fairly slow and it still crashes the game after converting a handful of poses.  It also tends to convert any new pose you add instead of just converting the ones with the issue.  Maybe there was no other way, but I tend to bring over poses from SV2 which do not need to be converted but the game will always try o convert them.