Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Nim's gags without head harness straps

Viscard

Question

I'm wondering if this has already been done somewhere in the past: TK17 by default has several gags by Nim, four of which share the same basic leather strap configuration with a vertical head harness. Has anyone created modified versions of these without the harness straps? So it just has the single horizontal strap?

967745723_NimGag.thumb.png.ff10983ca95aca7a97b5dae595a606dc.png 

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

23 hours ago, FleshBishop said:

You could probably do this just by opening up the texture in an image editor and erasing the vertical straps.

I had hoped that originally, but the texture is unfortunately not mapped like that. The vertical straps aren't separable from any of the straps. Instead, the texture is divided by material: strap, metal and ball. Altering one bit of material affects all parts of the model that use that material, regardless of location.  

As you can see in the image, I erased only a small part, but it took equally from multiple different parts of the model, including the bits I want to keep. I guess it needs the straps completely removed from the model and recompiled as a new add-on, which is (currently) beyond my ability.

image.png

• Like 1

Thanks! They're in the game by default, but I've uploaded what I could find in the archives for convenience anyway.

I can't get cloth_nimgag02 (annoyingly the variant I wanted to modify the most) to even import into Blender for some reason, it just crashes. The others load in fine, but not that one. Hopefully you have better luck!

Nim Gags.zip

• Thanks 1

I can't get nimgag02 into Blender either.  There's something wrong in the verts that I can't fix, the rest of the code's fine.  Been messing with nimgag01 and there's a possibility I can remove the overhead straps and junk without causing too many problems, but I need to experiment more with that.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, MrOllyK said:

I can't get nimgag02 into Blender either.  There's something wrong in the verts that I can't fix, the rest of the code's fine.  Been messing with nimgag01 and there's a possibility I can remove the overhead straps and junk without causing too many problems, but I need to experiment more with that.

Weird. I wonder what's causing that. 

I guess a possible later solution could be to use 01 as a base, fill in the holes on the ball and save it as a new version of 02. Goes a bit beyond what we're currently talking about with just removing the straps, but perhaps later down the line if there's any success here... Unless nim still exists anywhere to talk to about getting hands on the original.

I tried to remove the straps completely and it comes out a bit knackered.  Seems the verts and UV are all linked.  I can always shrink the offending straps and put them inside an object somewhere, that way they can't be seen and won't wreck anything.  It's not particularly efficient tho.  Problem with the ball is the holes have a huge amount of verts and I could try to shrink them down but I don't know what the results would be.  I was looking around V7.5 for alternatives but they don't exist there.

Try to delete the straps Verts as followed:

import object.

set to edit mode

use A to deselect all

use B to select the verts you dont want. (do this by selecting every possible angles. you can keep selecting with B)

Use X to delete the selected verts.