Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Can you import Daz3D Rooms?

I just read that it's possible to import interiors/environments from Daz3D if it's under 300 MB.

Is this true?

Wondering if anyone's tried to import some really high quality looking assets from Daz3D and set their characters in there.

• Administrator

Check out the download section and see if any rooms look familiar 🙂 

The answer is yes, some have been doing this for years (like Berger). Sometimes the appearance of the rooms is closer to the original, sometimes less. Oh, and because of hm... the origin of assets, we try not to indicate exactly what is a conversion of what and we often use different names.

One thing about importing anything from DAZ - high quality has to be almost universally lowered, through decimation, lowering texture resolution, and the like. The game is old, no way around it 😞 Still, people like @Kraegar (check his work sometime) take this old game and make 200% use of it 🙂

9 hours ago, howdoesthiswork said:

I just read that it's possible to import interiors/environments from Daz3D if it's under 300 MB.

Is this true?

Wondering if anyone's tried to import some really high quality looking assets from Daz3D and set their characters in there.

You can import any room from daz to be an hook5 object room no matter what size. Then it all comes down to how good cpu/gpu you have and how you can lower size of textures/meshes without losing to much quality to make it playable, For still shots only any room should work with original quality as well (Even stonemasons huge but beautiful rooms). Best is to take a room of your liking and remove all unnescessary stuff before converting to a hook5 object room. Bedsheets or any wrinkled stuff always make big meshes and if can be deleted saves much size. For personal use it doesn´t matter which room but if you want to share the room here try make them playable even for people who don´t have a top notch cpu/gpu

• Hmmmm 1

• Administrator
13 hours ago, pes1972 said:

You can import any room from daz to be an hook5 object room no matter what size.

I think you maybe oversimplifying things.  There are certain rooms that go beyond the games playable bounds which ultimately make them unusable.  Also if a room gets too big, it will not mater with GPU or system you are running.  It will ultimately crash. This is why as @Euphie mentioned, optimization is a necessary key step in making a workable room.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, HDiddy said:

I think you maybe oversimplifying things.  There are certain rooms that go beyond the games playable bounds which ultimately make them unusable.  Also if a room gets too big, it will not mater with GPU or system you are running.  It will ultimately crash. This is why as @Euphie mentioned, optimization is a necessary key step in making a workable room.

All i wanted to say is that any daz room is possible but as you say it´s not playable but so many people in here only takes pictures and don´t use the pose editor and then any room should work for making a few pictures.

• Administrator

Its possible to import anything regarding rooms ... but as long as performance allows, and the room isnt too huge or too complex.

Like with many DAZ assets, its not often you see optimized content, especially optimized for real time rendering and animations. Its usually the opposite thing, what I mentioned before, that one sees a lot of unoptimized stuff. So, much of it needs rework, polycount needs to be reduced where possible without losing too much on quality, UVmap needs to be remade and textures joined in into as few textures as possible to reduce draw calls, sometimes also the sizes of textures should be toned down.

Rooms can contain - static meshes, meshes with morphs, sounds and music linked to room meshes, particle effects, skyboxes or better, skydomes, lightmaps (static baked in "lighting"), UV warping and 2d texture slideshow. With additional H5 it expands to include H5 objects, dynamic lighting, mirrors, and even very simple collision boxes.

Any room from daz can be exported as geometry in obj/fbx or there are plugins to bring the room in a 3d Modeller app like Blender.

However TK17 is a game and it has some constraints, just some quick examples: textures must be power of 2, and the memory is limited.

For example, in Daz you can get any texture of any size, you can get a texture for a palm leaf for example like 1383x711 pixels. To port such a texture you need to scale/resize/change canvas size of the original texture and probably you need to readjust the UV coordinates.

Latest stuff in Daz comes as either 3Delight materials or PBR materials, but to get those under hook5 you need to make some conversions.

In Daz you can have some material with a base color but also same material can have a texture in grayscale to define its albedo map, or the height map. You will have to convert this for Hook5.

Same for other maps that can be converted easier or not to their h5 equivalent. Also keep in mind that while h5 supports metalness PBR workflow, not everything is implemented, there is no custom shader like velvet or you dont have some refractions(IOR), etc.

And one more thing, in Daz textures are very permissive, when you have a pattern, sometimes this is applied using a scale. Blender also use a scale for both X and Y coordinates, but because the export is usually done via fbx or obj you will never get those scale values exported, so you need to manually set those in Blender, or via a script if you are a smart lazy person. But wait, even if you get those in blender right (the scales) then you will need to export to dae format, again this doesnt support scaling of the textures, so you will have to fix the texture in blender to match the scaling from Daz.

• Agree 1

• Administrator

Also, dont forget to invert the green channel of normal maps from DAZ for usage in H5 ...

And yeah, the textures should always be used directly from DAZ folder structure, mainly because of simplicity of things.

• Administrator
On 7/1/2022 at 2:37 AM, pes1972 said:

You can import any room from daz to be an hook5 object room no matter what size. Then it all comes down to how good cpu/gpu you have and how you can lower size of textures/meshes without losing to much quality to make it playable, For still shots only any room should work with original quality as well (Even stonemasons huge but beautiful rooms). Best is to take a room of your liking and remove all unnescessary stuff before converting to a hook5 object room. Bedsheets or any wrinkled stuff always make big meshes and if can be deleted saves much size. For personal use it doesn´t matter which room but if you want to share the room here try make them playable even for people who don´t have a top notch cpu/gpu

As HDiddy said, you are over simplifying it, overlooking some steps and/or process and being naive.

You can go the H5 object route but many corners are cut. After you make a Obj. file, people will just convert it to H5M. Like it was said, people can optimize the file. But many times, they are skipped for reasons unknown. Let me give you a example: A 3 box/square shape, 4 corners and 6 sides. I would imagines that it would only need 8 vertices to make it possible to appear fine in game. I've seen simple and similar shapes have hundreds of vertices.

Texture/meshes are not the same. When I say mesh, I usually mean the vertices, the poly count. To me it looks like you are mashing it together, the UV textures displaying the wire frame and labeling as 1. I point this out because this is a confusing and bad assessment and it should not be taken as factual. 

Like you said, you can have a beast of CPU and GPU, but perhaps I'm too much of a PC master race but heavy H5M rooms give me the crappiest frame rates. I can't really deal with it dipping and stuttering to 15fps.

So, yes you are correct, Daz rooms are possible but not all "are" possible. You seen it and responded to some people, they crash upon trying to load a room. This game engine is old and requires the user to maintain within a safe threshold.

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

As HDiddy said, you are over simplifying it, overlooking some steps and/or process and being naive.

You can go the H5 object route but many corners are cut. After you make a Obj. file, people will just convert it to H5M. Like it was said, people can optimize the file. But many times, they are skipped for reasons unknown. Let me give you a example: A 3 box/square shape, 4 corners and 6 sides. I would imagines that it would only need 8 vertices to make it possible to appear fine in game. I've seen simple and similar shapes have hundreds of vertices.

Texture/meshes are not the same. When I say mesh, I usually mean the vertices, the poly count. To me it looks like you are mashing it together, the UV textures displaying the wire frame and labeling as 1. I point this out because this is a confusing and bad assessment and it should not be taken as factual. 

Like you said, you can have a beast of CPU and GPU, but perhaps I'm too much of a PC master race but heavy H5M rooms give me the crappiest frame rates. I can't really deal with it dipping and stuttering to 15fps.

So, yes you are correct, Daz rooms are possible but not all "are" possible. You seen it and responded to some people, they crash upon trying to load a room. This game engine is old and requires the user to maintain within a safe threshold.

I´m sorry for simplifying it, my point was that if you never use pose editor to move anything or make any animations the low fps doesn´t mean much and in this case any room you want as background from daz3d should work as H5 object room for your photos/screenshots. If however you intend to use the game to what is was made for and create animations/videos some rooms are far to heavy or have to be modified a lot.