Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

I need a cow

Shivu

I'm working on a story in which the protagonist's best friend is a cow. A simple cow with no fancy stuff. Before using Blender, I wanted to make sure that something like this existed in TK17.

Edited by Shivu
  • Haha 3

• Administrator

Are you asking for anthropomorphic "cow" or are you asking for real cow, as animal cow ?

Havent seen anything so far ... not as animal or as an anthropomorphic version.

5 hours ago, Smoke said:

lol ok - so are you asking for a actual cow - like a animal. Or a cow cosplay outfit? 😅

1 hour ago, x17 said:

Are you asking for anthropomorphic "cow" or are you asking for real cow, as animal cow ?

A typical 1,400-pound cow found in barns. Esmeralda will be her name, and she is MC's best friend. They'll occasionally smoke weed and talk about life decisions.

Edited by Shivu
  • Haha 4

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Shivu said:

A typical 1,400-pound cow found in barns. Esmeralda will be her name, and she is MC's best friend. They'll occasionally smoke weed and talk about life decisions.

Didnt know that cows like to smoke weed, haha, jk.

But yep ... no cow asset (for now). The easiest thing to do to import such asset into a game would be as a toy. Would be limited heavily as purely static, or few morphs that could achieve very limited movement.

As a full model ... very tricky. But not impossible, Im working on quadriped armature, possibly it could be eventually used for many other meshes overlayed over it. Will see how it goes with current project (dog).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Shivu said:

I'm looking forward to your project 💪

Its a fairly tricky and complex project. But wouldnt be possible without hfg2's converter.

Its part of the game that has been obscure. Everything mainly used default bipedal armature and its weighting (and default weighting is old and not good - but to reweight all would mean to break all default clothing and assets ... so, big nope)

The best solution for your case would be to import a simple cow toy. Now depends if you need cow to be in multiple particular poses ... if, yes, and there arent more than 15 poses, then something like toy morphs could be implemented. Well, or even exporting multiple cow toys in multiple poses.

Depends exactly on what you need. But if you need fully poseable model in many ways and variations - then thats possible only through full model.

18 minutes ago, x17 said:

Its a fairly tricky and complex project. But wouldnt be possible without hfg2's converter.

Its part of the game that has been obscure. Everything mainly used default bipedal armature and its weighting (and default weighting is old and not good - but to reweight all would mean to break all default clothing and assets ... so, big nope)

The best solution for your case would be to import a simple cow toy. Now depends if you need cow to be in multiple particular poses ... if, yes, and there arent more than 15 poses, then something like toy morphs could be implemented. Well, or even exporting multiple cow toys in multiple poses.

Depends exactly on what you need. But if you need fully poseable model in many ways and variations - then thats possible only through full model.

I'm still new to TK17, but I've previously created models and textures in C4D or Blender. I can imagine how challenging it can be, but the project itself sounds really great, and I'm looking forward to it. Regarding Esmeralda, I appreciate your suggestion😁 I might just use Blender to add a cow and then use Photoshop to tweak the result.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Shivu said:

I'm still new to TK17, but I've previously created models and textures in C4D or Blender. I can imagine how challenging it can be, but the project itself sounds really great, and I'm looking forward to it. Regarding Esmeralda, I appreciate your suggestion😁 I might just use Blender to add a cow and then use Photoshop to tweak the result.

In general, custom weighting would take the most time. One thing good about it ... well, its not like quadripeds would require some specific clothing or that there is any clothing, so nothing would be really broken with new armature and weighting.

For cow... I think maybe easiest for you would be simply to check exactly which cow poses you need to - considering you meant here on "plain" animal and not its anthropomorphic version, its not like there would be many variations. Then you can pose the same cow model in Blender and export it as toy.

But if you need, lets say cow in movement animation (so that youre not making purely static imagery) ... that would require at minimum a morph.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, x17 said:

In general, custom weighting would take the most time. One thing good about it ... well, its not like quadripeds would require some specific clothing or that there is any clothing, so nothing would be really broken with new armature and weighting.

For cow... I think maybe easiest for you would be simply to check exactly which cow poses you need to - considering you meant here on "plain" animal and not its anthropomorphic version, its not like there would be many variations. Then you can pose the same cow model in Blender and export it as toy.

But if you need, lets say cow in movement animation (so that youre not making purely static imagery) ... that would require at minimum a morph.

I only want a short animation in which the cow smokes weed. Fortunately, I don't have to make a cow from scratch because I have one from a bundle that I purchased not long ago. I'll give it my all this weekend and see how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1