Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Regarding addons included in model uploads

Oz70NYC

• Administrator

It's preferred that members link to the download pages of required addons for their models rather than include them in their uploads. This for 2 specific reasons:

1. Including someone's addon within your upload is taking XP away from them, as people are getting the addon "free".

2. It raises the potential of people who aren't supposed to have access to KE exclusive downloads getting their hands on them and sharing them places they're not meant to.

In the future, please link to all addons required for your uploads. Textures you can include within the archive. Addons such as body mods, head mods and clothes should be linked to their respective download pages. This goes for ALL MEMBERS WHO UPLOAD MODELS. If you've done this recently, it's not mandatory...but if you could go back to your most recent model uploads and revise them accordingly, it'd be greatly appreciated. Going forward however, if your model upload includes addon content not created by you within it's download archive, it will be removed without warning. My primary job is to safeguard the content of all creators. This is a necessary step towards doing so. Thank you in advance.

• Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

I would also like to add including add-ons can also confuse members as they often include out-of-date bodies, heads, etc... Body mods often get updated such as xbody, so linking to the original also makes sure users have the most up-to-date version of said body.

• Agree 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I've always added links to addons. Even for old legacy addons that would normally be free I'd still prefer to link to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Duly noted, Oz. Uploading tons of models during Christmas made some things difficult to track down, but I always made sure to link the creators' work for everything. If not for their work, none of mine would have been possible.

I'll make sure to update things as soon as I can, and now that the holidays have passed, I'll remove the XP requirements on all of them.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, erikku90 said:

I would also like to add including add-ons can also confuse members as they often include out-of-date bodies, heads, etc... Body mods often get updated such as xbody, so linking to the original also makes sure users have the most up-to-date version of said body.

Yes - this is my driving factor. Many people just like to horde and install multiple addons of the same thing. Doing so can create issues and many of this issues can be easily fixed and when people complain, they often like to shift the blame of their incompetence onto other people.

1 hour ago, demonv1 said:

Yeah I've always added links to addons. Even for old legacy addons that would normally be free I'd still prefer to link to it.

Honestly, its better and helps out with your addon/AM management, plus it shines a light on a mod/addon that people may have missed.

• Agree 2
  • Thumbs Up 1