Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Update from 18.06.2017

pervokpetr

New update was sent. Contain:

• -Changes in glow algorithm
  • -Added "cull_mode" for hook static objects
  • -Changed default specular value for hook static objects
  • -Normals calculations and transform fixed for hook static objects
  • -Changed base specularity for all non-metals
  • -Light color (spot, sun, omni, smbient) now converted to linear space - can affect your existing level definitions
  • -Fixed DOF vs HiRes problem
  • -Fixed FOV vs HiRes problem

Also new Converter was posted on patreon and unfinished room from previous post, I posted room to you can check how hook5 work after last fixes. I want to we can discuss what's good and what's bad in hook in this moment. I will give you my thoughts:

Things that I like.
I like result of lighting calculations and now I like how normals works. PBR materials looks great, IBL do what it should do, all stuff related to primary lighting calculations seems works correct. The hook static objects loaded fast and they can give to us good quality - we can use very high poly meshes. Also I did not noticed any fps drop while worked with TestRoom.

Things that bother me.
Glow, Bloom, HDR - I'm still have some questions to this effects, even good looking screnshots from this room, do not allow me relax. I have feeling that something not completelly correct.
DOF - good, but not enough, I'm still can't calculate proper blur mask - I want cinematic DOF like in last AAA games.
DDS+DXT5 - found that this thing make normal map worse, but I did not saw such thing in modern games, need to find info about best storage way for normal maps.
Converter - as you know I used free project from net to create converter, but now I see that it's not enought - no rotation control to observe meshes, not lighting control, no IBL, slow on large meshes(singlethreaded)
Hook objects selection and manipulating - selection not presize, sometimes hard to select small object that placed near of some large object, rotation sucks - need create crossed manipulators

Things that annoying
ALIASING - agrrrr, when I only started work with this game it had ugly meshes, ugly textures, ugly lighting and everything else and the aliasing was the last thing that bother me, but now we reached the point where everything become better and now aliasing is something terrible, ANNOYING! Need to do something with it.

Bad thing that hook do not allow to use transparency objects - I can't create some objects that should be transparent so I'm think I should give it a try, no matter that such objects a real pain for rasterizer engine

• Thanks 1