Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Update from 15.09.2017

pervokpetr

New update was sent:
  - Now hook will not crash without hairworks binaries, but hairworks replacers will not work
  - Optimized loading of level_definitions
  - Optimized loading of hook static objects, now model will be loaded once, even if it used several times in scene, this help save loading time and used memory (need write manager to automatic reload of hook static)
  - Optimized render for hook static object, both main render and shadow render, more optimization required some new parameters in static section, will add in next update
  - Optimized texture loading - added DDSLoader from microsoft DirectXTool package
  - Fixed bug when new level_definition not proceeded correctly for some rooms (I hope fixed)
  - Fixed bug when environment section was saved without name and futher reloading produce crash
  - Hook should not crash on attempt to load empty level_definition

Hairworks.
Whole last week every day I got a lot of messages about hook crash, further dialog discover that a lot of members do not installed hairworks binaries files - ..... I wrote it in post on modsgarden, I wrote it in post on patreon, I wrote it in HOOK5_README and anyway this was ignored. If someone know better place to explain things let me know - I'm out of ideas. Now I rewrited linkage of hairworks binaries and hook should not crash without this files. But I'm afraid that next week I will answer on question - "Why hairworks not work for me?"

Hook static.
Experimenting with Siberia big good room we found that loading was slow like turtle. Further experiments show difference in loading time for textures various format and dds textures (dxt3,dxt5 with stored miplevels) loaded in 10 times faster then jpg, png and dds without mipmaps. So I advice everyone use dds instead of ordinal bitmap formats if it possible. Also I added DDSTExtureLoader if can load complited dds textures a bit faser, but it has some limitations - it do not perform resizing, stretching, mipmap production. So now if dds texture have miplevels and it correspond format it will be loaded by DDSTextureLoader all other textures will be loaded as usual. And main thing now hook will use instances of loaded models, so will preserve some memory and loading time.

Weird bug.
It seems the same thing that was reported by Xalas and PF2Studio, new level_definition do not perform correct creation, saving and manipulating. I found that some rooms ignored my interception function and due to it all hook functionality failed. Current room was recognized as default room so no extra object and control was allowed. Wasted a half of day to find reason - seems that string to lowercase conversion (in interception procedure) produced weird bug and some room could avoid hook5 analyze. I rewrited this part of hook and at least in my case problem was fixed, hope it will be fixed for all.

I decided to take a pause from hairworks coding (need clear a bit my head from this stuff to have a fresh look) and this release mostly result of this solution. Also I know that hook has crash with sequenser, but I have only one or two default sequences and it worked without problem, so if you know one of the sequences that produce crash give me link to it, to I can look into this problem.

• Like 1