Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Update from 25.05.2020

pervokpetr

I'm start sending new update, some members will recieve update tomorrow - gmail will block me on 24 hours:
Fix from 26.05.2020 - sending delayed by one day, due to couple fixes - I hope that 27.05.2020, rest of users will receive files

- fixed parenting with GUI and saving for parenting
- fixed script attaching with GUI and saving for attached scripts, parenting do not affect attached scripts
- fixed glowing edges, was caused by experiments with bent normals (another failed attempt)
- added "as_backround" property to sky section of level

As background
With this option enabled, hook will expect ordinal 2D texture in skybox texture property instead of cubemap texture, texture will be always stretched to whole screen and not depend from camera orientation - this will allow you load any texture as background (possible using some chromakey texture) will ignore any lighting, but will allow you adjust it with skybox parameters - brightness, curve, saturation. It was request - I decided to did it because it can be usefull.

I tried....
    Since new year I start spent more time, than usually, to play game, and less to code something, I tried understand what's wrong and what can be improved. Due to it I did several request from various members, because I found that it really required. But also I found some flaws and some questions appear in my head. Some of this questions moved me back to PBR rendering, I found that I have some doubts about reflections and hireflective surfaces - Im think that reflections to faster fades with decreasing glossiness, I found that AO techinique produce not pleasant results with hireflective surfaces, I got some questions about gamma conversion (especially after Humus article where he says "developers should stop use power of two - ? ! ? have no clue why he says so, because it's used to convert from gamma space to linear space). I got some questions about ToneMapping - H5MConverter and hook with using the same PBR and lighting technology produce TOO different rendering results and difference almost only in ToneMapping (tone mapping take from Uncharted4 article).
    In my opinion hook close to it ending and should be finalized - i.e polished and optimized, I really want to improve redering quality and performance, I tried some things and found that I'm literally trying avoid serious changes, because of...
    Because of two things. First one is a your reaction - when I do any significant change in hook - I got some members who start "O, my levels looks different - why I should redo my rooms", "Skins brighter", "Skins darker", "Shadows blured", "Shadows not blured", "IT"S COMPLICATED", "WHO NEED THIS" and so on, so on, so on. Now I'm declare -

I DON'T CARE
    I will redo it again and again - until I WILL BE SURE that every f...g equation are correct and I WILL BE SATISFIED with rendering results - quality and performance. If you don't like it, if it anoynig you - you know what to do.
    Second reason more serious - shader recompilation time - any changes in shader code require to shaders recompilation, for me it take from 40 to 45 seconds. So I change something, do recompilation and look at monitor almost minute - after couple hours of such work I'm ready jum to the window with scream "I done with this shit" - it's literally hell.
    To resolve this problem I decided to separate shaders to several independed modules with reducing shaders complexity, I want move all post effect to one module and all debug shaders to another one. I hope that it help me reduce loading speed for game launch (not sure about this, because amount of shaders will remain same, only complexity wil be changed), but mostly I hope reduce recompilation time, because I will recompile only some part of shders, not all of  it like right now - this should free my hand for more hard experiments and research.

I played with some hook objects and got some doubts about reflections and AO, I tried use hairworks for pubic hairs and found that something wrong with skinning trasnforms (and this is weird because in physx hairs it works correct), I tried optimize some shaders and got bugs like glowing edges and such of kind, I tried bent_normals (again) and again failed (I understand theory of bent normals very well, but always fail with technical solution) - I'm close to finish project, but in the same time it looks like I'm far away from it - it start anoying even me. So my plan for futher steps (declare it to better understanding by myself):
   1. Separate shaders for several independingly recompiled modules.
   2. Check all rendering shaders especially PBR algorithms and match results to UnrealEngine results (ligthing and IBL).
   3. Check all related to gamma conversion and tonemapping.
   4. Implelent Bent Normals (highly required for IBL shading)
   5. Resolve weird things with hairworks to make it possible use for pubic hairs and beards
   6. Resolve rendering for hairworks - I'm still think that there is something wrong
   7. Finally made "Optimization step 2" declared who knows how many times ago
   I should do it before continue or finish project, I will not do any requests untill finish this steps. This steps can change hook lighing, reflections, settings and so on - I'm telling it to let you know it, to you be prepared. Also it will take some time, so don't expect "two weeks" results (but who knows?).