Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Lighting Mods?

sheb0p

I did a quick search for lighting mods and couldn't find what I was looking for.   I have installed Hook5 and a few other mods and I have noticed that lighting in the Customizer room has changed.  I am curious if there are mods/settings/settings files that can change lighting themes or at least how much light exists in the various rooms. 

38 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

I did a quick search for lighting mods and couldn't find what I was looking for.   I have installed Hook5 and a few other mods and I have noticed that lighting in the Customizer room has changed.  I am curious if there are mods/settings/settings files that can change lighting themes or at least how much light exists in the various rooms. 

If you are using the extended version of Hook5, you can open the menu in a room with F4. It gives you total control over skyboxes, lighting, etc.

That is our go-to method, hence no extra lighting mods. Figuring it out might be a bit cumbersome, but in the help and tutorial section you should find what you need. EDIT: I attached a small guide with rudimentary basics at the end of this post.

You can't really break much there, as all the changes are only for the session, unless you hit "Save" in the F4 menu, which causes the saved settings to be applied every time you load the room (It will overwrite/create the level_definition file for that room).

hook5_guide.rar

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

press f4, then level definition (the last menu), there u can change the lighting settings. The values for ur customizer room are saved in main11.fx in the binaries folder, and the values for individual rooms are saved in the level_deffinition txt file in the room folder. If u have h5 free u are going to have to adjust those values then alt+R ingame to apply (its pretty tedious doing it this way). 

i just shared my main11.fx with a bit more natural lighting for the customizer room 

https://www.klubexile.com/files/file/5810-my-main11fx-file/

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, IIIlll said:

press f4, then level definition (the last menu), there u can change the lighting settings. The values for ur customizer room are saved in main11.fx in the binaries folder, and the values for individual rooms are saved in the level_deffinition txt file in the room folder. If u have h5 free u are going to have to adjust those values then alt+R ingame to apply (its pretty tedious doing it this way). 

i just shared my main11.fx with a bit more natural lighting for the customizer room 

https://www.klubexile.com/files/file/5810-my-main11fx-file/

I try to use @llllll every time I have a post for you to read but your handle doesn't come up.  Oh well...   Thanks for this. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sheb0p said:

I try to use @llllll every time I have a post for you to read but your handle doesn't come up.  Oh well...   Thanks for this. 

It's three capital "i" and three small "l" 🙂

It shows you bottom left, when yo hover over the profile pic 😉

P.S.: If you load up the customizer from inside a room (via context-menu), that rooms lighting will be used instead, so avoid doing that in "night" rooms.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sheb0p said:

for all other rooms beside the customizer room you can look here about setting up a leveldefenition file for lightin and how to use cubemaps.