Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

(H5_LW)Apartment_Room226 help needed

pes1972

1 hour ago, pes1972 said:

This a great looking room but even with my models on smallest size they are far to big for the livingroom sofa. Anyone found at way to fix this?

disable sofa texture(s), add h5 sofa object and make it whatever size you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Its easy to fix ... to me it looks like whole room is actually a bit undersized ?

One can technically rescale the sofa only ... or maybe better, the whole room.

I will probably put step by step tutorial today about this, because it seems to me not many people know about it. 

In this case, the whole room rescale should be the best option. 

One can do this by opening the main Scene.bs file, then finding a relevant NODE000... this is a main node, the whole room in itself.

So, one adds the code to the bottom of Scene.bs ... could go after the last NODE STransform block... 

STransform :local_SScene_NODE000 . {
     SSimpleTransform.Scaling Vector3f( ###, ###, ### );
};

Where "###" is desired number represented in meters (1.0 = 1m)  - for scaling its represented in as 1:1 proportions or "100 %" at 1.0 of value.

So, by increasing this a bit above 1.0 it should fix it. Unsure about exact number, try to experiment with it to get true proportions correct. Try in ranges 1.15-1.30 possibly. 

EDIT : Note that maybe I could be wrong about 1.0 and above ... there is a logic about it, but possibly "1.0" would be 0.0 in game logic here regarding scaling. So, maybe its also in 0.15-0.30 ranges. Try to experiment and see. "Zeroed out" scaling has sense because we have negative values, too.  See below ... basically one can treat 1.0 as 1:1 room to model size.

This way one is capable to actually make whole room bigger or smaller. The size of model is unchanged, so this is not something like "M-giant" mod or similar. Nor the size discrepancy is possible here, as it affects only room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, x17 said:

Its easy to fix ... to me it looks like whole room is actually a bit undersized ?

I will probably put step by step tutorial today about this, because it seems to me not many people know about it. 

One can do this by opening the main Scene.bs file, then finding a relevant NODE000... this is a main node, the whole room in itself.

So, one adds the code to the bottom of Scene.bs ... could go after the last NODE STransform block... 

};

Where "###" is desired number represented in meters (1.0 = 1m)

So, by increasing this a bit above 1.0 it should fix it. Unsure about exact number, try to experiment with it to get true proportions correct. Try in ranges 1.15-1.30 possibly. 

EDIT : Note that maybe I could be wrong about 1.0 and above ... there is a logic about it, but possibly "1.0" would be 0.0 in game logic here regarding scaling. So, maybe its also in 0.15-0.30 ranges. Try to experiment and see. "Zeroed out" scaling has sense because we have negative values, too.

This way one is capable to actually make whole room bigger or smaller. The size of model is unchanged, so this is not something like "M-giant" mod or similar. Nor the size discrepancy is possible here, as it affects only room.

As I understand it the ### value is read as a percentage of its default value, where 1.00 = 100%.  So if you wanted the room (or item) to be, say, one-and-a-half times its default size, this entry would become ( 1.5, 1.5, 1.5 )

( But I could be wrong  :classic_smile: )

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, aardy said:

As I understand it the ### value is a percentage of its default value.  So if you wanted the room  (or item) to be, say, one-and-a-half times its default size, this this entry would become ( 1.5, 1.5, 1.5 )

But I could be wrong  :classic_smile:

It would be in logic of 1.0 = 100 % , or 1:1. 

OK, I have further tested scaling parameter in game ... so 

0.0 should NEVER be used in scaling parameter. The game logic uses 1.0 as "1:1" in this case. 0.0 value will make room not appear or attempt to resize at zero, and it will tank performance drastically.

Secondly, if negative values are used, the room will be "inverted" as it would be logically, when you scale it in Blender and go into opposite direction from upsizing. So, -1.0 value will just invert the room, but if you go even further like -2.0 ... it wont make room smaller, but will further enlarge this inverted room. This is logical.

This means one thing ...

1.0 is the base value of room, proportions are 1:1 in such case.

The scaling value must NEVER be zero !

So, we achieve miniature room compared to model, by using value below 1 and above 0. Like 0.25 would make room 75 % smaller compared to model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the detailed info x17, very useful to know. With this room though I think the option to remove sofa and bed and replace with H5 objects could be good, because for me the whole bathroom and kitchen area feels pretty correct to the modelsize. Sofa is way off and bed could use an upgrade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, pes1972 said:

Thanks for the detailed info x17, very useful to know. With this room though I think the option to remove sofa and bed and replace with H5 objects could be good, because for me the whole bathroom and kitchen area feels pretty correct to the modelsize. Sofa is way off and bed could use an upgrade. 

Yep, with H5 objects is pretty practical and fast. If needed one could also resize only sofa, simply by using the above scaling parameter in STransform code block for sofa ... it should surely be somewhere mentioned as sofa in main scripts file.

Something Ill need to experiment with... morphs on room objects and their combination with above TRS parameters. Now such things are definitely more powerful than any H5 objects. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2022 at 4:24 PM, x17 said:

};

Where "###" is desired number represented in meters (1.0 = 1m)  - for scaling its represented in as 1:1 proportions or "100 %" at 1.0 of value.

EDIT : Note that maybe I could be wrong about 1.0 and above ... there is a logic about it, but possibly "1.0" would be 0.0 in game logic here regarding scaling. So, maybe its also in 0.15-0.30 ranges. Try to experiment and see. "Zeroed out" scaling has sense because we have negative values, too.  See below ... basically one can treat 1.0 as 1:1 room to model size.

could you tell me which program can be used to open the bs file for editing?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Krab said:

could you tell me which program can be used to open the bs file for editing?

Use Notepad++

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, x17 said:

Use Notepad++

Thanks for your reply. I was not precise in the wording, I apologize. You mentioned that to change the scale of a room, you need to edit the Scene.bs file in the room's addons folder. There is a file with the bs* extension along this path, and when you open it through notepad, unreadable characters, signs and letters appear. Please tell me how you can open the bs* file to edit the scale of the room?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Krab said:

Thanks for your reply. I was not precise in the wording, I apologize. You mentioned that to change the scale of a room, you need to edit the Scene.bs file in the room's addons folder. There is a file with the bs* extension along this path, and when you open it through notepad, unreadable characters, signs and letters appear. Please tell me how you can open the bs* file to edit the scale of the room?

You need to decode b-s-b file, and for that you can use TK Shell Tools, which are IMO most practical. B-s-b cannot be opened in Notepad++ because its encoded, this program decodes it. You can also encode files back that way when needed. Its definitely needed to have it if one mods TK17 files.

Also, one can even use TK17 itself to decode b-s-b files, because its inbuilt feature within Options Manager to enable / disable auto b-s-b decoding where possible.

• Thanks 1