Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Hook5 Extended Version

pervokpetr

On 6/23/2021 at 10:16 AM, f4ijunkie said:

My CPU maxes out at 40% running it and my GPU will hit close to 100%, that is a lot of rendering no way around it.

One of the reasons I prioritize image post-editing, Reshade above H5 effects, and only use it for maps and other stuff. HW is cool but it creates a lot of problems too, that I found at least.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:00 AM, arse22 said:

One of the reasons I prioritize image post-editing, Reshade above H5 effects, and only use it for maps and other stuff. HW is cool but it creates a lot of problems too, that I found at least.

Seems like it all works the GPU into the ground! It's the nature of of hacking code on top of code that it'll never be as optimized as well as it could be, but thanks to the community and hard working individuals we've extended this software so far.

You know getting it to just work is a pain, let a lone getting it to work smoothly is nearly impossible!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, f4ijunkie said:

Seems like it all works the GPU into the ground! It's the nature of of hacking code on top of code that it'll never be as optimized as well as it could be, but thanks to the community and hard working individuals we've extended this software so far.

You know getting it to just work is a pain, let a lone getting it to work smoothly is nearly impossible!

Not sure about you folks but I don't have any real issues with HW working.  Is it GPU heavy? Hell yes, and anyone using it you probably want a graphics card no older than 3 years old to run it smoothly.  Like most things with this game there is little instructions on how specific mods work, thus sometimes the issues trying to get things working.

I did use to use Reshade and I think the combo of H5 Basic and Reshade makes a lot of sense.  However, H5 Extended and Reshade is overkill IMO vs what you get for the resources it takes up.

Just now, HDiddy said:

I did use to use Reshade and I think the combo of H5 Basic and Reshade makes a lot of sense.  However, H5 Extended and Reshade is overkill IMO vs what you get for the resources it takes up.

Yeah, pretty much turn off all H5 effects and only use ReShade, only keep H5 installed for objects and pass files. 

@HDiddy Yeah I'll take the beautiful graphics, the GPU is designed for the load. I always wondered if letting the CPU run HW would be better? I doubt it's possible with the way the coded is. It's a balance though, I know with using any 'physics' in any interactive way you get more complex issues, but the end results are worth it I think. Seeing the hair move in real time is really cool, only recently started using it myself since I had a good stable set up for years.

@arse22 What about the ReShade do you like over the H5? I have found H5 to be a full featured and functional shading extension that does everything I could need, wondering what you like about the other one better.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, f4ijunkie said:

@HDiddy Yeah I'll take the beautiful graphics, the GPU is designed for the load. I always wondered if letting the CPU run HW would be better? I doubt it's possible with the way the coded is. It's a balance though, I know with using any 'physics' in any interactive way you get more complex issues, but the end results are worth it I think. Seeing the hair move in real time is really cool, only recently started using it myself since I had a good stable set up for years.

@arse22 What about the ReShade do you like over the H5? I have found H5 to be a full featured and functional shading extension that does everything I could need, wondering what you like about the other one better.

This was in response to and on the subject of H5 being GPU heavy. Minimizing the GPU load as a result by avoiding H5 as a best practice, Reshade is guaranteed to be better coded, though it doesnt hurt to be able to tweak things yourself if you have the capacity to, H5 is generally a closed circuit and the reason why it's death was inevitable.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, pervokpetr said:

This Message is being posted by @HDiddy on behalf of @pervokpetr with his permission. Please visit https://www.patreon.com/posts/hook5-extended-48182305  for more infromation

1.jpg?token-time=1616272283&token-hash=Ey6zJkYRA4yFFHxZ5uKZqd1r5TEV_AmH4DhxOC5vVzM%3D

This is unlocked extended version. I'm share it because I can't support regular updates anymore. First I have no enough good ideas to continue with project. Second - those ideas that I have require a lot of time and efforts and scare even me. So I'm think I should share it. I'm not drop the project right now, as I said I have some complicated ideas, but I can't even predict how much time it will require, also I still should finish/try some ideas for exclusive version. 

I hope that you, my patrons, not disappointed by hook5, we all know that this is outdated game, I tried all that in my abilities to change this game appearance. I hope I  could.

About VXGI. I successfully resolved sun shadows bug and movement halo bug, lucky that problem was not in dynamic objects. Currently I'm trying learn and understand vxgi parameters for better quality and performance. Also new problem faced - transparent object require new shading to recieve correct VXGI lighting and should be compiled by VXGI module - have no clue right now how to do it - my shading complicated enough. Once I resolve this questions all exclusive patrons will receive version with VXGI. And I will move further with attempt to implement physx clothing - as I said in begining of project I have doubt about this, but as you I want to give it a try.

And finaly - without your support hook5 had no chance to be implemented!

Thanks you all!

This is just brilliant. Im new over here and only took me a few hours to get what kind of community is this, i really love the way you guys support each other, really wholesome. Im honoured to be here tbh.

• Administrator

Folks, this has already been announced, but as a reminder: do not post any links to the extended version of Hook 5 on this forum. That's the first thing.

Second thing - this also applies to all possible workarounds to this rule - names of places where it can be found, search hints, keywords, treasure island maps - nothing.

We have at least thirty warning points ready to collect for anyone willing to try their luck, and this is the mildest option.

So, if I understand correctly, if you get a new PC or hard drive, you can still get the full (extended) version of Hook5 from Pervok for a buck? 

That's got to be the best value for $1 ever...go to the dollar store & try and find a better deal .   

Hook 5 is like sci-fi compared to the earliest incarcerations of this game - there are no words, Pervok's a genius, and a good-hearted one at that for sharing it all w/ us for a buck

Very cool, as is the KE community for keeping us all "in the loop"

• Agree 1

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve performance specifically for Hook 5$? I have a 3070 and am using custom skin with many layers and with multiple models the game sinks down into the high 30s. I did have reshade installed but I don't use it so I'll deinstall and see if that improves performance. I think I have best performance enabled on my Nvidia control panel so I'll check that too and see if OCing changes anything since I run stock normally.

2 hours ago, Joots said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve performance specifically for Hook 5$? I have a 3070 and am using custom skin with many layers and with multiple models the game sinks down into the high 30s. I did have reshade installed but I don't use it so I'll deinstall and see if that improves performance. I think I have best performance enabled on my Nvidia control panel so I'll check that too and see if OCing changes anything since I run stock normally.

First of i should check if your motherboard is a match for your new video card. As this is a old game you need this to get the best preformance out of your card.

for intel you need a Z470 and up and i think AMD is at X5someting. you need that for bandwith support on older games.

I read something about this as i also wanted to buy one and found that i had to upgrade motherboard, processor and GPU to get it to work correctly. 30 fps is what i get on my gtx1070 8gb on a 4 pose animation.

• Like 1

Just now, Sexvision said:

First of i should check if your motherboard is a match for your new video card. As this is a old game you need this to get the best preformance out of your card.

for intel you need a Z470 and up and i think AMD is at X5someting. you need that for bandwith support on older games.

I read something about this as i also wanted to buy one and found that i had to upgrade motherboard, processor and GPU to get it to work correctly. 30 fps is what i get on my gtx1070 8gb on a 4 pose animation.

My CPU and GPU don't bottleneck each other so the mobo isn't my problem. 6700k so it is old but serviceable. Runs modern game at 1440p at 100 fps easy on max settings. I think the combo of customized skin along with reshade and complex rooms is what is dragging the performance down. I didn't really see much of a difference when overclocking the cpu either so I'm assuming it's gpu bound.

13 minutes ago, Joots said:

My CPU and GPU don't bottleneck each other so the mobo isn't my problem. 6700k so it is old but serviceable. Runs modern game at 1440p at 100 fps easy on max settings. I think the combo of customized skin along with reshade and complex rooms is what is dragging the performance down. I didn't really see much of a difference when overclocking the cpu either so I'm assuming it's gpu bound.

What you need to run older games is a board with PCI-E lanes from version 4.0. this is only on the Z470 and up boards. You will not notice this on modern games due to optimization. but older games use additional lanes to get the same result. At least that what i understand from a Linus tech video.

If you are running a 6700K your on generation 6. MoBos of generation 6 do not support PCI-E 4.0 therefor it runs heavy. So its not your processor but your Mobo it self.

What you need to run older games is a board with PCI-E lanes from version 4.0. this is only on the Z470 and up boards. You will not notice this on modern games due to optimization. but older games use additional lanes to get the same result. At least that what i understand from a Linus tech video.

If you are running a 6700K your on generation 6. MoBos of generation 6 do not support PCI-E 4.0 therefor it runs heavy. So its not your processor but your Mobo it self.

Interesting. From what I've read most things aren't optimized for PCI-E 4.0 as of yet though I could be wrong. I simply have too many things going on at once and probably either need to tone down Hook 5$ or pull out Reshade. With one model before Reshade with just Hook 5$ I could get around 60-70fps no problem, but since changing out the face for more detailed layers performance has taken a hit. I'm also assuming activemod file size and how big your game is in general also play a factor and I'm due for a clean up as is. Hook 5$ is primarily GPU though?

Edited by Joots

3 minutes ago, Joots said:

Interesting. From what I've read most things aren't optimized for PCI-E 4.0 as of yet though I could be wrong. I simply have too many things going on at once and probably either need to tone down Hook 5$ or pull out Reshade. With one model before Reshade with just Hook 5$ I could get around 60-70fps no problem, but since changing out the face for more detailed layers performance has taken a hit. I'm also assuming activemod file size and how big your game is in general also play a factor and I'm due for a clean up as is. Hook 5$ is primarily GPU though?

i never used reshade so i dont realy know what it does on fps. Hook is a mix of GPU and CPU. i will also readup some more on PCI-E. Maybe im wrong and need to go buy one of these crazy GPU's to test it 🙂

i never used reshade so i dont realy know what it does on fps. Hook is a mix of GPU and CPU. i will also readup some more on PCI-E. Maybe im wrong and need to go buy one of these crazy GPU's to test it 🙂

I would recommend it if you can get anything close to MSRP 🙄. It smokes anything I throw at it and I run up to 3440x1440 with my ultrawide. Currently testing without reshade, will post results shortly.

Edited by Joots

3 minutes ago, Joots said:

I would recommend it if you can get anything close to MSRP 🙄. It smokes anything I throw at it and I run up to 3440x1440 with my ultrawide. Currently testing without reshade, will post results shortly.

in The Netherlands the are not for sale for a reasanable price. Maybe need to look in USA for that 

in The Netherlands the are not for sale for a reasanable price. Maybe need to look in USA for that 

Well that sucks 😞, sorry to hear location is holding you back. There is no difference in performance with reshade on or off as far as FPS is concerned with 3 models in my current scene. Still hovering around 30 sporadically. I'm using Hdiddy's Photostudio room. I'll DM you if that's OK if you want to continue so we don't clutter up this thread and I'll post the results once I've reached a conclusion to share with everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Joots said:

Well that sucks 😞, sorry to hear location is holding you back. There is no difference in performance with reshade on or off as far as FPS is concerned with 3 models in my current scene. Still hovering around 30 sporadically. I'm using Hdiddy's Photostudio room. I'll DM you if that's OK if you want to continue so we don't clutter up this thread and I'll post the results once I've reached a conclusion to share with everyone else.

I will install Hddidys room also to have some good comparison.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Joots said:

Well here is a lot of things to consider when looking at FPS.  First check your resolution  If you are running the game at 1440P on an ultrawide then naturally your card is going to have to push more pixels. This will take away from pushing power to applications.  That said, Hook5 is doing a lot on top of the normal vanilla game and all these things.  The more Skin Layers the larger the texture load, and the larger the texture load, the bigger the impact is on FPS.  In addition using 4K textures just compound this. Other things that will impact performance are lighting dynamics Omnis and Sunlight take the bigger hit on FPS compared to Spot Lights but the more lights the more things your GPU needs to process.

Now regardless...in a decently optimized room you are still going to get the following with Skin Layers

• 1 Model 60 to 70 FPS
  • 2 Models 45 -50 FPS
  • 3 Models 35 - 45 FPS
  • 4 Models 25 - 35 FPS

My key has always been not to drop below 30 FPS for anything I am doing, as most people's eyes cannot perceive that much more than 24-30 FPS.  That said some tips to get better FPS when using Hook5 based on stuff that I have read in the past specifically a lot from @MrOllyK

1. Keep your use of graphical mods to a minimum.  If you are using reshade with Hook5, you will get lesser FPS than using Hook5 by itself.
  2. Use 2k Textures for the best balance between Performance and Graphics detail.
  3. For Skin Layers try to use DDS files for everything.  This is simply better for for video card as it uses less ram compared to pngs
  4. Use "includes" in your rooms level def for better control of lighting and objects.  Turn off the stuff that you are not seeing in your current scene
  5. If you have the option on your graphics card.  Limit the game to 60FPS.  Why try to push something over that if your not going to be able to really see it.
  6. Turn on vertical sync.
  7. Control how many Toys you are loading at any given time.  I try to only load a minimal set of toys based upon what I am doing.  All your toys load when the room loads so this if anything could cause memory issues.
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, HDiddy said:

Well here is a lot of things to consider when looking at FPS.  First check your resolution  If you are running the game at 1440P on an ultrawide then naturally your card is going to have to push more pixels. This will take away from pushing power to applications.  That said, Hook5 is doing a lot on top of the normal vanilla game and all these things.  The more Skin Layers the larger the texture load, and the larger the texture load, the bigger the impact is on FPS.  In addition using 4K textures just compound this. Other things that will impact performance are lighting dynamics Omnis and Sunlight take the bigger hit on FPS compared to Spot Lights but the more lights the more things your GPU needs to process.

Now regardless...in a decently optimized room you are still going to get the following with Skin Layers

• 1 Model 60 to 70 FPS
  • 2 Models 45 -50 FPS
  • 3 Models 35 - 45 FPS
  • 4 Models 25 - 35 FPS

My key has always been not to drop below 30 FPS for anything I am doing, as most people's eyes cannot perceive that much more than 24-30 FPS.  That said some tips to get better FPS when using Hook5 based on stuff that I have read in the past specifically a lot from @MrOllyK

1. Keep your use of graphical mods to a minimum.  If you are using reshade with Hook5, you will get lesser FPS than using Hook5 by itself.
  2. Use 2k Textures for the best balance between Performance and Graphics detail.
  3. For Skin Layers try to use DDS files for everything.  This is simply better for for video card as it uses less ram compared to pngs
  4. Use "includes" in your rooms level def for better control of lighting and objects.  Turn off the stuff that you are not seeing in your current scene
  5. If you have the option on your graphics card.  Limit the game to 60FPS.  Why try to push something over that if your not going to be able to really see it.
  7. Control how many Toys you are loading at any given time.  I try to only load a minimal set of toys based upon what I am doing.  All your toys load when the room loads so this if anything could cause memory issues.

Thanks, this checks out with what I have found so far. Surprisingly Reshade doesn't really effect performance all that much unless you pick a really heavy filter. I've dialed the resolution back to 1080p windowed and can get solid performance that way (30fps+). I've been running this game for years and changing out GPUs for higher spec ones really doesn't seem to matter past a certain point for better performance, which is frustrating, cause I'd like to get this game running at my monitors refresh rate. Oh well 🙄

On 12/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, HDiddy said:

• 1 Model 60 to 70 FPS
  • 2 Models 45 -50 FPS
  • 3 Models 35 - 45 FPS
  • 4 Models 25 - 35 FPS

Hairworks is another FPS killer! I play with two long and two short hairs, until I have 20~25 FPS.