Jump to content

Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin
  • 0

Looking to purchase 3D hair assets for getting ported to TKVX


john374

Question

I know we have hundreds and hundreds of hairs already but a lot of them are older and I'm only attached to a few of them that fit my style or are high quality (particularly 105, ramjam 21, impulse, 595). It's becoming kind of repetitive so I'm willing to spend a little money on a 3D hair asset if someone else is willing to port it over to TKVX. I have no modding skills, so I can really only provide the asset once I purchase it, and I'm only interested in purchasing it if if someone agrees to port it. Also, I don't know anything about 3D assets so if it is not compatible or too low-res, I have no idea. What do you guys think? Where should I start looking and what should I look for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Administrator

Be careful not to get scammed by someone or maneuvered into unnecessary spending. Hair is exceptionally hard to port into this game - that's the reason why new ones appear so rarely. Hair from mods for The Sims are probably the easiest to port, and you can get these for free (note that I say "the easiest", but that doesn't mean I've ever managed to do it properly or even understand exactly what needs to be done 😵). Hair from DAZ assets? Good luck with that... they look best on their pictures because they can have several shit-tons of polygons there. There are some DAZ ported hair addons made by hfg2, you can check them as an example - they have a different style and look than the ones you mentioned and, without underestimating the amount of work they required, they just don't look the same as in DAZ because it's impossible.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else, but just be careful, especially since you are putting your money on the line. Don't believe the miracles someone may promise you. I don't consider myself that mod savvy or anything, but even I would never attempt a blind porting of hair (that is, saying that I can do it before I even get a closer look - that goes for everything, by the way). 

As one great philosopher, Mick Jagger, once said: "You can't always get what you want" 😉 Unfortunatelly.

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator

When it comes to commission an item to port to the game its always good to think it this way, the complex the item it is less the chances you have to get an optimal outcome because everybody have money but little to nobody have skills 😶

Thus, I'd say the scale is... if you buy an standard prop like a TV or vehicle you would going to get a more or less desirable outcome from the modder namely almost 100% of satisfaction, if you buy a lingerie set, bikini and pretty dress these percentage fall from 75 to 50% now let's go to hair and I can ensure you that it will fall below 50% not mentioning the fact that you can get tracked by a long time lurker that might be here wandering around waiting for someone willing to buy him an asset from DAZ, in that case is 100% probable that you're going to lose your money while this guy could run away with your asset 🙉

So, in conclusion Euphie have pointed a pretty much self explanatory point regarding this practice "not everybody is trustable here", and hfg2 gave the wise warning regarding DAZ Studio hairs "Not so bright under our game plus a lot of geometry"

Nevertheless, I've been told there is this guy that appears fron behind the trees like Biohazard 4's merchant and open his coat to show you his big black cock grant you a wish, he is quite talented indeed and is rumored he is even trustable 🙂

You can try asking him

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You guys make good points. No one is actively porting hairs or interested in doing it like Neat McGee or NC used to, so it would be left up to a stranger I can't trust. I initially posted this in requests because I was going to specify that I wanted a nice bouffant, but then decided anything new would be nice. it's not a big deal. I'll live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

There is no clear way of doing this. I can make/ import static hair but it doesn't stick to the head in any way, it just appears on the bottom (0,0,0) origin and stays static. There was an explanation on how to do it but it was incomplete resulting in this behavior.

 

I tried to find it but it seems someone deleted it. I believe it has something to do with proper grouping of the object (hair_group from ctk resources folder ain't right it seems..

So far i have tried:

hair_group>mesh

hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

mesh_head>mesh

hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

nothing worked

 

sdsdds.png

grp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/2/2022 at 5:56 PM, thedude said:

There is no clear way of doing this. I can make/ import static hair but it doesn't stick to the head in any way, it just appears on the bottom (0,0,0) origin and stays static. There was an explanation on how to do it but it was incomplete resulting in this behavior.

 

I tried to find it but it seems someone deleted it. I believe it has something to do with proper grouping of the object (hair_group from ctk resources folder ain't right it seems..

So far i have tried:

hair_group>mesh

hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

mesh_head>mesh

hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

nothing worked

 

sdsdds.png

grp.png

Try to group them like this:

hair_001.png

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
On 7/2/2022 at 5:56 AM, thedude said:

There is no clear way of doing this. I can make/ import static hair but it doesn't stick to the head in any way, it just appears on the bottom (0,0,0) origin and stays static. There was an explanation on how to do it but it was incomplete resulting in this behavior.

 

I tried to find it but it seems someone deleted it. I believe it has something to do with proper grouping of the object (hair_group from ctk resources folder ain't right it seems..

So far i have tried:

hair_group>mesh

hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_hair>mesh

mesh_head>mesh

hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

TRS_group>hair_group>mesh_head>mesh

nothing worked

 

sdsdds.png

grp.png

TRS_Group, I believe that is meant if you are applying weights to the hair. Its been a long time since people actually did this but I believe weights was applied to limit the clipping in in long hair, so it lay rested on the shoulders, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
On 11/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, john374 said:

You guys make good points. No one is actively porting hairs or interested in doing it like Neat McGee or NC used to, so it would be left up to a stranger I can't trust. I initially posted this in requests because I was going to specify that I wanted a nice bouffant, but then decided anything new would be nice. it's not a big deal. I'll live.

There is more to it. Like it was said, hairs from sims is easier to port/convert compared to Daz assets. The main reason, vertices/polygons, etc. Daz hairs are always heavy with vertices. For example: A slick back can be over 200K, compared to a slick from Sims which can be 20K. Also - I ran in the source of hairs that was already ported over. Nothing really new tbh, say 80% of those hairs converted into 3D objects has already been brought over so new stuff is kinda hard to come by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Smoke said:

There is more to it. Like it was said, hairs from sims is easier to port/convert compared to Daz assets. The main reason, vertices/polygons, etc. Daz hairs are always heavy with vertices. For example: A slick back can be over 200K, compared to a slick from Sims which can be 20K. Also - I ran in the source of hairs that was already ported over. Nothing really new tbh, say 80% of those hairs converted into 3D objects has already been brought over so new stuff is kinda hard to come by.

yeah i noticed some familiar meshes in some other 3d art and eventually put two and two together, which is that the addons we have aren't old like I had previously thought, but just didn't really translate well to the game, or it was lazily ported, or there's something flawed about the mesh, texture, ect.

as for the sims, i actually downloaded some hairs from the sims resource website, and was planning on undertaking porting them myself, but i haven't looked into it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/3/2022 at 8:36 PM, cr532 said:

Try to group them like this:

hair_001.png

 

Still nothing...

I have to add that i use ctk: run_exemple_UserHair1_VX.bat

vb.png

Edited by thedude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

This is the structure I've been using for all my hairs in the past.

nullBut this structure alone wont give you true hair, a naïve run of CollaTkane on the exported dae will give some hair that will behave more like Cloth item, not real hair.

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, hfg2 said:

This is the structure I've been using for all my hairs in the past.

nullBut this structure alone wont give you true hair, a naïve run of CollaTkane on the exported dae will give some hair that will behave more like Cloth item, not real hair. I see some differences but i don't knwo the app that much, maybe you could share a sample daz scene along with ctk resources hair.dae so others could somehow eaisly port it to the game?

image.png

Welp, doesn't work for me - i tried to replicate it. Maybe dudes were inserting vertex data manually with text editor for existing working hair?

vb.png

Edited by thedude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 hours ago, thedude said:

Welp, doesn't work for me - i tried to replicate it.

I don't see the armature added as well in your TRS_group hierarchy. If you dont have any bones/armature there, I dont think CollaTkane will work properly in producing your addon.

 

13 hours ago, thedude said:

Maybe dudes were inserting vertex data manually with text editor for existing working hair?

There is no vertex data to be insert manually, the vertex part is handled by CTK and is done properly. If you dont see your hair appearing in the game (in whatever location), there is other problem.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, hfg2 said:

I don't see the armature added as well in your TRS_group hierarchy. If you dont have any bones/armature there, I dont think CollaTkane will work properly in producing your addon.

 

There is no vertex data to be insert manually, the vertex part is handled by CTK and is done properly. If you dont see your hair appearing in the game (in whatever location), there is other problem.

 

 

 

So, maybe you could share a dae file for that? Cause i am unaware how to place this armaturr along with naming etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Just import a collatkane dae with default body (including armature) and you should have everything there. Then you can make the same structure in the screenshot crop I've posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, hfg2 said:

Just import a collatkane dae with default body (including armature) and you should have everything there. Then you can make the same structure in the screenshot crop I've posted.

Welp i did import the trs femaule group positioned the hair mesh deleted body mesh, and had to actually parent hair mesh with head_joint02 to make hair follow the head but i am still unable to change its colors with sliders (color is not changing) AND i am unable to position the hair properly (actually the base rotation is screwed....)

So this is not the right way of making hair, i was reading and comparing other working hair addons and they do have hair_group in it

 

 

An one modding tip maybe someone is unaware i just for fun imported some third party model and set automatic weights to the klub default armature, i now have a custom model working as a hair addon x_X

Edited by thedude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
37 minutes ago, thedude said:

Welp i did import the trs femaule group positioned the hair mesh deleted body mesh, and had to actually parent hair mesh with head_joint02 to make hair follow the head but i am still unable to change its colors with sliders (color is not changing) AND i am unable to position the hair properly (actually the base rotation is screwed....)

So this is not the right way of making hair, i was reading and comparing other working hair addons and they do have hair_group in it

 

 

An one modding tip maybe someone is unaware i just for fun imported some third party model and set automatic weights to the klub default armature, i now have a custom model working as a hair addon x_X

Find the Texture2D section in your hair scene file.  You will have one for each mesh (in case you have 2). It will look like below. Just with your hair name

Texture2D :local_HDHair8_TEX2D . {
	Texture.FileObject FileObject :local_HDHair8_FILEOBJECT;
	Object.Name "HDHair8_tex2d";
};

You want to add another line to this section so it will look like the following

Texture2D :local_HDHair8_TEX2D . {
	Texture.FileObject FileObject :local_HDHair8_FILEOBJECT;
	Texture.ImageLayer GroupLayer :local_hair_GroupLayer;
	Object.Name "HDHair8_tex2d";
};

Once you do that your hair color slider should work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
54 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

Find the Texture2D section in your hair scene file.  You will have one for each mesh (in case you have 2). It will look like below. Just with your hair name

Texture2D :local_HDHair8_TEX2D . {
	Texture.FileObject FileObject :local_HDHair8_FILEOBJECT;
	Object.Name "HDHair8_tex2d";
};

You want to add another line to this section so it will look like the following

Texture2D :local_HDHair8_TEX2D . {
	Texture.FileObject FileObject :local_HDHair8_FILEOBJECT;
	Texture.ImageLayer GroupLayer :local_hair_GroupLayer;
	Object.Name "HDHair8_tex2d";
};

Once you do that your hair color slider should work.

@HDiddy Apologies for hijacking this discussion but I have a Hair that's non-responsive to colour sliders and hoped your info above would cure this, but unfortunately not.

I think it's one of DP16's Hairs and is missing the line(s) you have mentioned, but adding them seems to make no difference.

I've attached it below in the hopes that someone might have time to take a look  :classic_smile:.  Currently I'm recolouring with Activemod variations - the Icon is my own from one of these recolours, but the Hair itself is its original colour.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

 

 

Custom.R9Hair439.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, aardy said:

@HDiddy Apologies for hijacking this discussion but I have a Hair that's non-responsive to colour sliders and hoped your info above would cure this, but unfortunately not.

I think it's one of DP16's Hairs and is missing the line(s) you have mentioned, but adding them seems to make no difference.

I've attached it below in the hopes that someone might have time to take a look  :classic_smile:.  Currently I'm recolouring with Activemod variations - the Icon is my own from one of these recolours, but the Hair itself is its original colour.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

 

 

Custom.R9Hair439.zip 4.82 MB · 0 downloads

It looks like its missing this line of code (the one that HDiddy gave and example of above): Texture.ImageLayer GroupLayer :local_hair_GroupLayer;

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, thedude said:

Welp i did import the trs femaule group positioned the hair mesh deleted body mesh, and had to actually parent hair mesh with head_joint02 to make hair follow the head but i am still unable to change its colors with sliders (color is not changing) AND i am unable to position the hair properly (actually the base rotation is screwed....)

So this is not the right way of making hair, i was reading and comparing other working hair addons and they do have hair_group in it

 

 

An one modding tip maybe someone is unaware i just for fun imported some third party model and set automatic weights to the klub default armature, i now have a custom model working as a hair addon x_X

There are several ways to making hair.

And hair is somewhat of a confusing and can be difficult on making for the following reason; sculpting, weight painting, understanding of CTK and what CTK will not input which will require you to input manually, etc.

Also within blender, you can use the "clothing" TRS_group method, which requires you to apply weights and and use the armature (similar to clothing) and use the "head_joint02" bone. OR you can use the "hat" method which is just requires you to sculpt the hair onto the head.

Aside from that, regardless of which method you use, CTK ports the addon with missing lines of codes which requires you to input manually.

As to why there is no proper guide - its simply, the process is new. Only a few people know certain steps and putting the pieces together is a lot of work. What, only 2-3 months ago I understood a major process of porting hair. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, Smoke said:

It looks like its missing this line of code (the one that HDiddy gave and example of above): Texture.ImageLayer GroupLayer :local_hair_GroupLayer;

Yeah, that's what I tried adding to each 'Texture2D :local_' entry but it seems to make no difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, aardy said:

Yeah, that's what I tried adding to each 'Texture2D :local_' entry but it seems to make no difference.

Well this is a DP16 addon. Which means it is not being built with CTK, so all the assumptions of what CTK adds to the addons goes right out the window. For example, the Blond transform layer added to hair addons is not here.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, HDiddy said:

Well this is a DP16 addon. Which means it is not being built with CTK, so all the assumptions of what CTK adds to the addons goes right out the window. For example, the Blond transform layer added to hair addons is not here.

Yeah, I thought that it probably wouldn't be a regular Hair item being from DP16  :classic_laugh:

Thanks for looking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

WARNING! Adult Only Content You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. By accepting you agree to Klub Exile's Terms of Use and Guidelines upon creating an account.