Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Blender version compat.

depends on what you want to do. if you are creating clothes/toys and rooms you need v2.79. if its models you can use 4.0. i never got 2.79 plugin to work properly so cant help there. 

• Administrator

You can use any version of Blender you like, you just need to understand differences.  Blender 2.79 and below are the most compatible.  Most use 2.79.  There are folks who use the more modern versions of Blender and have their ways to get around things.  For example in versions 2.8+ you no longer have the ability to simply make a mesh double sided in a way CTK understands requiring you have to modify the scene file after the fact.

Also later versions of Blender seem to prioritize Nodes for texturing versus just assigning materials and textures.  This could also lead to weird things when using CTK.  I only use modern versions if Blender if I need to create complex custom morphs as there are newer brushes to handle this.  However even there I will export the morph as an OBJ and still rebuild everything in 2.79.

That said if you do not need CTK to build a mesh, once you understand what CTK is doing you can build your own script in whatever version of Blender to do whatever you want.  DP16 used his own python scripts to build clothing versus using CTK.

Hope this helps.

• Agree 1