Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Increase FPS of the game with CheatEngine

vi363R

thanks to ddman2 for letting me know - like ages ago - that this program called CheatEngine is able to slow down the game, effectively increasing FPS considerably.

check it out

https://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

installing is sometimes a challenge because the program gets flagged as a virus easily and you'll have to convince Windows Defender or similar of the contrary.

I've been using it for years on my older rigs, and I recently re-discovered it to help my system cool down a little.

Basically it is able to slow down the game, (activate speed hack) as a result: more FPS. Don't ask me why, it really works. reducing game to 0.5 speed doubles FPS. I used a value between 0.65 and .8, which boosts FPS significantly.

steps:

0 start the game

in cheatengine

1. open the selection box for the process to open
  2. select the game and press 'open'
  3. tick the box next to 'speed hack'
  4. enter a value (1=100%) (e.g. 0.65)
  5. press 'apply'

done, go backt to the game and enjoy higher FPS and slower game.

if not happy, go back to step 4 and play with the value until you are.. 😉

2023-12-14 20_27_02-Greenshot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, demonv1 said:

Good stuff. Although I don't need worry about FPS with my new rig thankfully.

That’s cool 🙂 still I use it sometimes to use it as kind of slow motion 😉

42 minutes ago, vi363R said:

That’s cool 🙂 still I use it sometimes to use it as kind of slow motion 😉

What exactly do you mean by a slower game. I mostly do animations, will these go in slow-mo because that´s not a wanted effect 🙂

3 hours ago, pes1972 said:

What exactly do you mean by a slower game. I mostly do animations, will these go in slow-mo because that´s not a wanted effect 🙂

The game will run slower, loads menus slower, reacts slower, everything slowed. Because it runs slower, your hardware has more time to render frames thus FPS increases. Try a value closer to 1 if you don't want to feel the slow motion, like 0.85 - 0.9

I'm curious, if you set the value to 2, will the game load twice as fast?:)

7 minutes ago, Lans Damon said:

It could be a help capturing videos of animated dance poses when they are too fast. Wouldnt the movements come out a bit jerky?

From my experience I can say that depends on the details in the poses. When there are sufficient keys in the movement they can really look nice at speeds between .65 and .8, where you’ll get more time to see the details.

2 hours ago, vi363R said:

From my experience I can say that depends on the details in the poses. When there are sufficient keys in the movement they can really look nice at speeds between .65 and .8, where you’ll get more time to see the details.

yes and one could change the speed to be in sync with the music you want the model to dance to.

From my understanding this hack is kinda pointless.

Let say you have 25 FPS in game. The game will play animation 25 keyframes per second. So 1 keyframe will take 1 FPS. You slow down the app by 2. Yes you'll have 50FPS display but the game will play 12.5 keyframes per second. So each 4 displayed frames will be identical.

Maybe I'm missing something but what's the point?

1 hour ago, amaronap said:

From my understanding this hack is kinda pointless.

Let say you have 25 FPS in game. The game will play animation 25 keyframes per second. So 1 keyframe will take 1 FPS. You slow down the app by 2. Yes you'll have 50FPS display but the game will play 12.5 keyframes per second. So each 4 displayed frames will be identical.

Maybe I'm missing something but what's the point?

The point is less slideshow and more fluidity. Why don't try it? It's a small program, takes a few clicks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how many FPS animated poses have but this would only work smoothly at a rate of at least 30 FPS and then only a marginal slow down (to synchronize movements with music for example) would be pleasing to the eye I think. At 50 or more frames/second it would be helpful, but then the speed can be managed by a video editor. I don't know, it could be useful though.

5 hours ago, ddman2 said:

The point is less slideshow and more fluidity. Why don't try it? It's a small program, takes a few clicks.

Fortunately I don't need to 😛
With my current setup I have solid 50-60 FPS with hairworks and scenes pretty loaded with H5 objects

But if it helps someone, by all means, they should try.