Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Your biggest "Pet Peeves" about poses

Oz70NYC

• Administrator

We've all got things about poses that irk us just a lil' bit. Sound off here and let everyone know what yours is. I'll go first.

"Floaty feet/hands/knees". Ya'll know what I'm talking about. When someone makes a pose, but the feet, hands and knees are uneven with the surface their on. I prefer my poses to look as anatomically correct and realistic as possible, and will take the extra step to make sure every point contact with a surface is even. I mean, it my be ok for other people that the models seem to be levitating just of off the surface their on, but it's a no go for me. I'll go into pose editor every time and correct it myself on a pose I download...but I wish folk would take the time to do this themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator

Broken ankles.  Not sure how much more to say about it.  When ankles are bent to a level that makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator
Just now, HDiddy said:

Broken ankles.  Not sure how much more to say about it.  When ankles are bent to a level that makes no sense.

Yep. This one is DEFINITELY up there in my top 5. I JUST got finished adjusting the ankles on a pose right now!!! LOL!

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "peeve."  I just accept it as "The Way of the Old West." (sound of whip cracking)

Every pose, no matter how talented the artist, is meant for the size of the individual models at that creation.  To then use it for different size models, it gets thrown off and needs to be edited.

Oh well...  It's not like every pose should be used for models set at default size.

What I find irksome, is when I come across a pose that's pissing or has a dick bigger than it's arms.

An easy fix but it gets tiresome.  

2-09.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I'll add to this. One of my big ones is people who upload poses and give no description of where the pose was made. Seems like the least you could do is mention what room the poses are optimized for instead of making the downloader have to figure it out ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ArtsAndCrafty said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "peeve."  I just accept it as "The Way of the Old West." (sound of whip cracking)

Every pose, no matter how talented the artist, is meant for the size of the individual models at that creation.  To then use it for different size models, it gets thrown off and needs to be edited.

Oh well...  It's not like every pose should be used for models set at default size.

What I find irksome, is when I come across a pose that's pissing or has a dick bigger than it's arms.

2-09.gif

Just now, Rob_Rebel89 said:

I'll add to this. One of my big ones is people who upload poses and give no description of where the pose was made. Seems like the least you could do is mention what room the poses are optimized for instead of making the downloader have to figure it out ourselves.

On the rare occasions I share one of my poses, I make it my priority to do both of these. Not only do I mention in the description of the upload where the pose was create, it'll also be in the pose's name like "NewLoftMissionar01" AND I'll have the location featured in the preview pics. I'll also provide a screenshot of the model proportions in customizer. All of my female models are shorter than my males with a few exceptions (Love my tall girls too), so the bulk of my poses would need to be adjusted for folks who use default size. But I'm going to give as much info as possible for people to get as accurate a recreation of what they see in the preview images as possible.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oz70NYC said:

We've all got things about poses that irk us just a lil' bit. Sound off here and let everyone know what yours is. I'll go first.

"Floaty feet/hands/knees". Ya'll know what I'm talking about. When someone makes a pose, but the feet, hands and knees are uneven with the surface their on. I prefer my poses to look as anatomically correct and realistic as possible, and will take the extra step to make sure every point contact with a surface is even. I mean, it my be ok for other people that the models seem to be levitating just of off the surface their on, but it's a no go for me. I'll go into pose editor every time and correct it myself on a pose I download...but I wish folk would take the time to do this themselves.

I find this to be the case A LOT with old poses, which I'm pretty sure were adjusted to surface levels much better in v7.5.

Would there be a chance that VX has somehow marginally shifted older poses?

Or maybe they were just carelessly made originally - and I either stashed and forgot about them, or they're poses I never got round to tryiing.

I've still got quite a lot that haven't yet made the game.  I did tend to be a bit of a 'must have more poses' user on MG  😄

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

I don't know about poses shifting between VX and previous versions, but I do know a lot...and I do mean a LOT of older poses from the versions prior to VX flatout break in VX. I remember when I transitioned from V8 to VX I had to get rid of literally thousands of poses because they were completely unusable. Namely poses that used the old ORCA mod, which prior to VX was pretty much the standard because that's the only way you could get the penis to bend. ORCA mod what implemented into VX standard, but doing so broke all poses from previous versions that was made using it. An oversight The Team never mentioned. 

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, ArtsAndCrafty said:

MUST! HAVE! MORE! POSES!!!

MORE!!!  MORE!!!  MEOW!!!  MORE!!!

computer cat.gif

That's worth another  react_haha.png

Made me laugh!  😆   ( but sooo true! )

My biggest peeve is that any adjustment to the hand or foot throws the elbow or knee completely out of position and requires micro-managing the pose so it looks natural.

Another would be how a majority of poses apparently are in zero-G, because even a world class weightlifter wouldn't be able to hold an individual at some of the positions and angles I've seen with any type of gravity in force.

• Agree 1

• Administrator

SNAPS! Knee snapping! Elbows snapping! Back snapping! hand snapping! Feet snapping! This happens when the manipulator is near the limit or reached its limit and when the animation plays, it will sometime float back and forth causing certain areas to snap.

Either use the tangents correctly or place the manipulator safely within range.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Smoke said:

SNAPS! Knee snapping! Elbows snapping! Back snapping! hand snapping! Feet snapping! This happens when the manipulator is near the limit or reached its limit and when the animation plays, it will sometime float back and forth causing certain areas to snap.

Either use the tangents correctly or place the manipulator safely within range.

I found that small changes to the shoulders fix at least the elbow issue

On 7/9/2023 at 3:47 AM, ArtsAndCrafty said:

2-09.gif

Yes, and to make poses work smoothless for most people many animators make the poses for default size for both genders, but let´s be honest, how many times in real life is the woman/girl the same size as the man, would say very few cases.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, pes1972 said:

I found that small changes to the shoulders fix at least the elbow issue

Most animation that I encountered, has no shoulder animation. So in a way, it 'does' help but if you don't animate the shoulder, you just get a odd looking pose lol

I don't really mind it these days since I know why it happens and even used it myself before the new xbody sliders got added, but an issue you'd see, especially with much older poses (or poses lifted from older ones) is you'd go to tweak some of the mouth sliders then it'd completely break. Took me ages to finally work out it was a glitch/exploit where you could manipulate the sliders to go well beyond the limit but if you touched it afterwards it'd rubberband back to max.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:00 PM, Zer0 said:

I don't really mind it these days since I know why it happens and even used it myself before the new xbody sliders got added, but an issue you'd see, especially with much older poses (or poses lifted from older ones) is you'd go to tweak some of the mouth sliders then it'd completely break. Took me ages to finally work out it was a glitch/exploit where you could manipulate the sliders to go well beyond the limit but if you touched it afterwards it'd rubberband back to max.

yeah it hard to edit someone animation pose becouse everyone have his own way

but mostly we work like with steps, like the first step is few static frames in timeline then we try to make few more keys between them to animate them , and the final step is the details and this is what make you feel it hard to edit someone pose which is the details part 

so i just suggest you to make the animation shorter by delete some of the keys and make it loop , then delete most of the details but keep the pose animation structure   

with then you find your self doing better job and it become easy to edit someone pose , but you will end up making your own pose at end it save you much time . plus rotation someone animation pose it very hard

1 hour ago, AdultRex said:

yeah it hard to edit someone animation pose becouse everyone have his own way

but mostly we work like with steps, like the first step is few static frames in timeline then we try to make few more keys between them to animate them , and the final step is the details and this is what make you feel it hard to edit someone pose which is the details part 

so i just suggest you to make the animation shorter by delete some of the keys and make it loop , then delete most of the details but keep the pose animation structure   

with then you find your self doing better job and it become easy to edit someone pose , but you will end up making your own pose at end it save you much time . plus rotation someone animation pose it very hard

Oh I mean it only happens now if I forget, and I often catch myself fast enough to be able to undo it straight away, moreso was a thing that done my head in, in the past XD
I've made reiterations upon reiterations so much so that I barely remember if I even have originals of anything at this stage haha

On 7/9/2023 at 8:35 PM, Oz70NYC said:

I don't know about poses shifting between VX and previous versions, but I do know a lot...and I do mean a LOT of older poses from the versions prior to VX flatout break in VX. I remember when I transitioned from V8 to VX I had to get rid of literally thousands of poses because they were completely unusable. Namely poses that used the old ORCA mod, which prior to VX was pretty much the standard because that's the only way you could get the penis to bend. ORCA mod what implemented into VX standard, but doing so broke all poses from previous versions that was made using it. An oversight The Team never mentioned. 

You can use TKXUtils V10 Orca Export tool to export poses made using Orca mod in 7.5. It fixes most of the issues. Probably not all of them but I found old poses to become usable