Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Daz poses to tk17

Chris

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Why not make them? You have the reference lol

But, I remember being told and recently was reminded that this game uses Micheal 4 and Victoria 4. So if you look that up, that is using armature from 2007'ish. Anything past that, using the genesis model is hard to convert. I tried to convert some Gen8, Gen3, and Gen2. Gen2 was semi better but never the less, required a ton of work to fix. IMO it was just easier to use the pictures as reference and making it my own. Given, that I tried V4 and M4 and it was a solid outcome but you will have to look for really old material which may or may not meet your expectation.  

• Administrator

One could use Mixamo as in between "medium" to convert animations to Blender and then further. Would require program to rename the joints into proper names. DAZ has fairly different and more complex armature than default Tk17 armature, so its perfectly logical. Mixamo is very powerful program for animation.

I tested with direct export of bvh from DAZ, but ofc, there are inaccurate positions, translations and rotations - despite the majority of figure could assume correct position.

The bvh files do not have importer in Tk17 exactly, but the bvh files are put into [YourTK17Directory]/Mod/PoseEdit , then you have a Mocap folder appear in PE pose selection screen. From there bvh can be loaded into.

I assume it would work normally for V4 and M4 with some minimal conversions or corrections, but maybe Im wrong, and it would also work for other figures as well.

• Administrator

Yep, it works ...

Like, one of BVH animations from Mixamo (Capoeira moves) https://www.veed.io/view/1fa3178e-2434-4e55-a6f6-9c31c19ea944?sharingWidget=true

In game https://www118.zippyshare.com/v/l5UeIcZm/file.html

BVH file is here https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/ifqsQpcn/file.html

So, the workflow process goes like this ... one can download any animation or pose from Mixamo repository, download it as FBX file without skin and with lowest FPS (only armature needed, mesh isnt). Then its imported into the Blender, and joints should be renamed to correlate to the default TK17 armature. Then its exported as BVH file in scale of one fourth of original (0.25).

The BVH file is then put into Mod/PoseEdit folder. In PE, we will see Mocap directory appear when loading new poses. There we will find our BVH file. Loading this file will load the animation, the animation should be fully correct.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, x17 said:

Yep, it works flawlessly (at least for V4 and M4) ...

Like, one of BVH animations from Mixamo (Capoeira moves) https://www.veed.io/view/1fa3178e-2434-4e55-a6f6-9c31c19ea944?sharingWidget=true

In game https://www118.zippyshare.com/v/l5UeIcZm/file.html

Wow! That's insane. Is there really a way to convert animations from Mixamo to Vx? Isn't the only format available to export a standard FBX? How do you export an FBX file to the game? It looks like voodoo magic to me.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Maquiavella said:

Wow! That's insane. Is there really a way to convert animations from Mixamo to Vx? Isn't the only format available to export a standard FBX? How do you export an FBX file to the game? It looks like voodoo magic to me.

I think it should maybe be possible even with other formats. Even collada is capable to store animation. The SV2 is capable to read FBX files and in that way, its animation. The VX which is based on version before SV2, AFAIK, isnt. But using Blender as transition point, were easily capable to convert any animation into BVH and in that way, apply it into our VX.

So - as long as you have correctly exported BVH file (joints that are corrected and correlate to TK17, one fourth of scale) it should work. And I assume there should be many ways and workarounds, so one should also be able to import any figure pose into Blender, then from it into TK17 as BVH.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, x17 said:

I think it should maybe be possible even with other formats. Even collada is capable to store animation. The SV2 is capable to read FBX files and in that way, its animation. The VX which is based on version before SV2, AFAIK, isnt. But using Blender as transition point, were easily capable to convert any animation into BVH and in that way, apply it into our VX.

Impressive. If someone finds an easy way to convert animations to a bvh file that works on VX we will strike gold. With each day motion capture is easier and easier thanks to AI, I mean there are even AIs that can motion capture animations from random videos without any equipment like OpenPose and Deepmotion for example. Think the possibilities, specially motion capturing non-sex animations that are very hard to do like running, sports, dancing, fighting. I know people like Xalas make a living by making movies. Imagine having realistic movie-like animations just by recording yourself with your freaking webcam or even your phone without motion suits or bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Maquiavella said:

Impressive. If someone finds an easy way to convert animations to a bvh file that works on VX we will strike gold. With each day motion capture is easier and easier thanks to AI, I mean there are even AIs that can motion capture animations from random videos without any equipment like OpenPose and Deepmotion for example. Think the possibilities, specially motion capturing non-sex animations that are very hard to do like running, sports, dancing, fighting. I know people like Xalas make a living by making movies. Imagine having realistic movie-like animations just by recording yourself with your freaking webcam or even your phone without motion suits or bullshit.

Mixamo rig is fairly simple and in line with TK17 one, from what Ive seen. But considering Mixamo is a treasure trove of various animations (which are all FREE) it alone carries a huge number of potential animations that people can use for anything.

Now, surely would be problems for some more complex armatures - but from what I have seen using Blender and similar other programs, there are always workarounds. As long as animation would be consistent and accurate with base Tk17 armature, it will look good, and the rest is just exporting as bvh.

Animations - not only for body, but in general, for any object, are very important aspect of TK17 and I think it has untapped potential in many ways. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Maquiavella said:

I mean, theres even some tech like this - which was tested back in 2008., ages ago

5 hours ago, Smoke said:

Why not make them? You have the reference lol

But, I remember being told and recently was reminded that this game uses Micheal 4 and Victoria 4. So if you look that up, that is using armature from 2007'ish. Anything past that, using the genesis model is hard to convert. I tried to convert some Gen8, Gen3, and Gen2. Gen2 was semi better but never the less, required a ton of work to fix. IMO it was just easier to use the pictures as reference and making it my own. Given, that I tried V4 and M4 and it was a solid outcome but you will have to look for really old material which may or may not meet your expectation.  

It’s difficult. Transitions never work for me

If somebody make some poses for me I can donate money to them or website?

• Administrator

A user did post a script for SV2 which a few of us tried which basically is the Mixamo conversion. The script can also be modified to try to convert G2 as I almost got it working but things like feet needed to be fixed.

Even for Mixamo the animations were not that smooth, so not sure if it is a TK17 thing or something else as Rick9 did add some code to the game regarding BVH conversions. 

Maybe someone better at armature and blender scripting can perfect it. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, hfg2 said:

What script?

import bpy
context = bpy.context
obj = context.object

namelist = [
("mixamorig:Hips","hip"),
("mixamorig:Spine","abdomen"),
("mixamorig:Spine2","chest"),
("mixamorig:Neck","neck"),
("mixamorig:Head","head"),
("mixamorig:LeftEye","leftEye"),
("mixamorig:RightEye","rightEye"),
("mixamorig:LeftUpLeg","lThigh"),
("mixamorig:LeftLeg","lShin"),
("mixamorig:LeftFoot","lFoot"),
("mixamorig:RightUpLeg","rThigh"),
("mixamorig:RightLeg","rShin"),
("mixamorig:RightFoot","rFoot"),
("mixamorig:LeftShoulder","lCollar"),
("mixamorig:LeftArm","lShldr"),
("mixamorig:LeftForeArm","lForeArm"),
("mixamorig:LeftHand","lHand"),
("mixamorig:RightShoulder","rCollar"),
("mixamorig:RightArm","rShldr"),
("mixamorig:RightForeArm","rForeArm"),
("mixamorig:RightHand","rHand")

]

for name, newname in namelist:
    # get the pose bone with name
    pb = obj.pose.bones.get(name)
    # continue if no bone of that name
    if pb is None:
        continue
    # rename
    pb.name = newname

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, x17 said:

So - as long as you have correctly exported BVH file (joints that are corrected and correlate to TK17, one fourth of scale) it should work. And I assume there should be many ways and workarounds, so one should also be able to import any figure pose into Blender, then from it into TK17 as BVH.

Do you think it's possible to go the other way? i would love to port Vx animations to a Daz scene.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, hueyb said:

Do you think it's possible to go the other way? i would love to port Vx animations to a Daz scene.

I think there definitely should be a way ... but it would require set of tools, in same way. Im not familiar with DAZ animations, so I cant say much there, but I know that DAZ is primarily the static scener, and far less used for animations. Blender is more used for animations. 

One is also capable to use Mixamo animations directly with DAZ https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/03/0c8603c28f26404036ef24dee6c0fe.pdf

But as said ... DAZ isnt exactly proper program for animations. The continous bloat of assets gets worse and worse, and I can see that authors of assets simply dont care about it. And this, in return, bloats the render times and lags down the whole scenes during making.

9 hours ago, x17 said:

I think there definitely should be a way ... but it would require set of tools, in same way. Im not familiar with DAZ animations, so I cant say much there, but I know that DAZ is primarily the static scener, and far less used for animations. Blender is more used for animations. 

One is also capable to use Mixamo animations directly with DAZ https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/03/0c8603c28f26404036ef24dee6c0fe.pdf

But as said ... DAZ isnt exactly proper program for animations. The continous bloat of assets gets worse and worse, and I can see that authors of assets simply dont care about it. And this, in return, bloats the render times and lags down the whole scenes during making.

I'm just now getting into DAZ for it's "static scene" creation. Other than dforce, the animation stuff is awful to work with. I haven't fully wrapped my head around the Tk17 structure and always end up making it buggy, so DAZ kinda narrows that handicap for me. I love using pose editor and animating in TK17. Plus, there is some already good stuff that would be great to port over. Thanks for your quick reply. I will check out Maximo.

Have you heard of https://cascadeur.com/? If not, check it out as an animation tool in your toolbox. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Daz is an ok tool for animations assuming someone invests enough time to master it.

But Blender (Full 3D pipeline software) and Unreal (Game Engine but very versatile) for example has very good retargeting options which makes animations a breeze.

Cascadeur is the new kid on the block. 🙂

It is possible to move TK17 animations to Blender, I had some attempts in the past, I k now for sure it can be done (not sure at which level of fidelity). I'm not going to pursue this project. A custom plugin must be wrote in Python to be able to do that.

Next, ported animation can be converted from Blender to Daz.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, hueyb said:

Have you heard of https://cascadeur.com/? If not, check it out as an animation tool in your toolbox. 

Havent heard about that program at all. Thanks on pointing it out, will check to see the capabilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hfg2 said:

Daz is an ok tool for animations assuming someone invests enough time to master it.

But Blender (Full 3D pipeline software) and Unreal (Game Engine but very versatile) for example has very good retargeting options which makes animations a breeze.

Cascadeur is the new kid on the block. 🙂

It is possible to move TK17 animations to Blender, I had some attempts in the past, I k now for sure it can be done (not sure at which level of fidelity). I'm not going to pursue this project. A custom plugin must be wrote in Python to be able to do that.

Next, ported animation can be converted from Blender to Daz.

Thanks I'm going to look into the Blender route. This is all pretty new to me and Blender is something I haven't tried to take a bite out of yet. It's daunting to me. Definitely wouldn't want someone to go out of there way for it. Yeah, Cascadeur was in beta last year, right? I like it. Their physics are the real deal. It's cool stuff. If you go look at there road map, they have a lot planned. It'll be neat to see what they end up building.